HDMI/DVI to VGA?

I just bought an Expressvu 9220/Dishnetwork 942 HDTV receiver. I bought it for the dual tuner/PVR functionality. I don't have an HDTV as of yet, but I just realized... my monitor is capable of doing 1920x1080@75hz.

I was wondering if there was a way to convert the HDMI/DVI out on my reciever to VGA so I can display some HDTV content on my monitor.

Thanks.
    Yamaha RX-V800
    Paradigm Studio 60 V.3
    Paradigm Titan V.3
    Paradigm CC-170 V.3
    Marantz 6100
    Pioneer DV-578A-S (Don't ever buy this)
    Panasonic DVD-S35

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoRage
    I just bought an Expressvu 9220/Dishnetwork 942 HDTV receiver. I bought it for the dual tuner/PVR functionality. I don't have an HDTV as of yet, but I just realized... my monitor is capable of doing 1920x1080@75hz.

I was wondering if there was a way to convert the HDMI/DVI out on my reciever to VGA so I can display some HDTV content on my monitor.

Thanks.
    Not exactly sure but look into a ati all-in-wonder video card for a pc. This card is capable of accepting hdtv signals. I know it does it through component video, not sure about dvi/hdmi.

Also viewsonic makes an external hdtv to computer monitor hookup, check them out as well.
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    PSB Image T65
    PSB Image C60
    PSB Image S50
    Yamaha YST-SW1500
    Mitsubishi WS-55807
    Sony DVP-NC875V SACD
    Logitech Harmony 880
    Iriver Ihp-120 MP3 Player

I was thinking something along the lines of this... http://www.villagetronic.com/e_pr_dvi-to-vga.html

Just a simple little straight through adapter.

Also, how are you liking the RX-V2500? I'm using an RX-V800 and I'm thinking of getting the 2500.
    Yamaha RX-V800
    Paradigm Studio 60 V.3
    Paradigm Titan V.3
    Paradigm CC-170 V.3
    Marantz 6100
    Pioneer DV-578A-S (Don't ever buy this)
    Panasonic DVD-S35

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoRage
    I was thinking something along the lines of this... http://www.villagetronic.com/e_pr_dvi-to-vga.html

Just a simple little straight through adapter.

Also, how are you liking the RX-V2500? I'm using an RX-V800 and I'm thinking of getting the 2500.
    you can use it with any DVI-i connector to experience the best possibile VGA quality.

It is only dvi-i so you will not be able to use it with upconversion dvd players and possible hddvd in the future - just some thought

Also I am overall very happy with my rx-v2500, but I do have some issues, nothing major just small enhancements I would have liked.
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    PSB Image T65
    PSB Image C60
    PSB Image S50
    Yamaha YST-SW1500
    Mitsubishi WS-55807
    Sony DVP-NC875V SACD
    Logitech Harmony 880
    Iriver Ihp-120 MP3 Player

Thread Information