View Poll Results: Which one will go down in flames?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • HD DVD

6 16.67%
  • Blu-Ray

18 50.00%
  • Neither

8 22.22%
  • Both

4 11.11%
  • We already had this thread you dolt.

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HDDVD or BluRay

I certainly see your point, and I have no desire to defend Sony or any other company for its business practices (I couldn't be less corporate in my personal views), and discussing economics on an A/V board is as indecorous as disscussing religion and politics. But you would be hard-pressed to find a company that didn't define its self-interest as maximum profit. Sometimes their decisions work, and sometimes they don't--for them or for us. The bottom line so far as home theater is concerned, however, is that we wouldn't have any game at all if they didn't act on these motivations. Also, don't forget that Sony and Philips teamed up to give us the CD and that a lot of other companies are in the Blu-ray camp with Sony. As I said in another post, I've noticed at least one Blu-ray player features a part manufactured by Toshiba.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    I think I'm going to wait until I don't have to decide: LG Electronics announced a player that'd play both at CES. It shouldn't be long before other manufacturers (Pioneer, Oppo) follow suit.

It looks like the LG may have run into a snag... I believe I read on AVS Forum that the HD DVD camp is not allowing it to use some of its interactive extra features functionality. As such, I believe I read that the player may not be able to actually claim it is HD DVD certified. I do believe it can play the HD DVD movies, however. I guess we will see what February brings... Personally I hope it does work completely.

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

Forum Regular
    I read that too. I also think it is not carrying HDMI 1.3. Every time I read these things I cannot remember what kind of audio will be outputted either thru HDMI of the analogue outputs. I am not in the market for buying one of these machines, however, at the very least they should all be outputting all the full audio codecs on the analogue outputs. These machines should also include appropriate bass management and distance setting arrangements as well which I hope they are doing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information