hd tv????

Printable View

• 01-11-2004, 02:03 PM
    maddi
    hd tv????
    Which HD TV monitor is the best, LCD, Rear projection or Regular Tube. I find the rear projection a little dark and blurry if your at an angle or close. I know Plasmais the way to go but it's a little out of my price range
  • 01-11-2004, 03:52 PM
    recoveryone
    Quote:

Originally Posted by maddi
    Which HD TV monitor is the best, LCD, Rear projection or Regular Tube. I find the rear projection a little dark and blurry if your at an angle or close. I know Plasmais the way to go but it's a little out of my price range

If you get a blurry picture it may be a setup problem. My Mits is crystale clear from 160 degrees and the signal feed plays a part also
  • 01-12-2004, 07:06 AM
    yakkosmurf
    I have a 40" tube, and I've also noticed that rear projections are a bit blurry and grainy for my taste. I've also found that plasma and LCDs are not as clear as the tube as well. I could have bought anything, so I looked at everything. Since picture quality was most important to me, I decided on the picture tube model in the end despite the cost and 300+ pound weight. I've never regretted it.
  • 01-12-2004, 08:54 AM
    Keith from Canada
    Quote:

Originally Posted by maddi
    I find the rear projection a little dark and blurry if your at an angle or close. I know Plasmais the way to go but it's a little out of my price range

A properly set-up RPTV will not be "blurry" and the off-axis colour drop should not be a concern providing your not taking it to extremes (although an RPTV definitely looks its best when your viewing it on-axis).

FYI -- An HD signal on a properly calibrated RPTV will look as good or better than on any other display.