MCF
    Forum Regular

Sony DVD player broken??

I just noticed within the last week or so that when watching DVD's that a 'wave' occasionally goes up the screen? It happens once about every 5-10 minutes and is like a line of video going up the screen. Is the DVD player bad? I checked all the connections. Probably just a coincidence, but it seems like it started doing this about a day after I got my new sub which I was driving super hard shaking everything in the house (and neighbors apparently)...is it possible I vibrated the DVD to break?

AR "Wisdom of Yoda"Member LEAFS264's Avatar
    I had that happen to me with my Sony dvp360, My first player. It was a bad cable. Might not be the same in you case though,but a good place to start.

Jay

MCF
    Forum Regular

That's a thought...

since I am running both component and S-video to my AVR, I will watch a movie with S-video and another with component...I guess if makes it do it, it must be a bad cable...if both do it, it must be the player.

AR "Wisdom of Yoda"Member LEAFS264's Avatar
    Or your Receiver!! If both cables make the wave...try going right to the tv and see what happens

Jay

MCF
    Forum Regular

Don't want to think about that...

but don't have same problem watching time warner cable which is connected the same way as the DVD.....I may try another DVD player and see what happens....

MCF
    Forum Regular

Anyone else ever have this issue???

I checked my system and cables...have S-Video from DVD to reciever and S-Video from Time Warner HD box to reciever and have both S-video and component going from reciever to tv (allows me to switch input to tv from S-video to component and reciever auto switches from S-video in component out if I have input to tv set to component). When watching DVD's or tv, once in a while (about 5-10 minutes), I get the 'wave' I described above. Late last night I powered everything off and unplugged everything to hopefully 're-boot' everything, but did not have a chance to watch must to see if it helped any. I went straight from the HD box to the tv with standard AV cables and the problem seemed to disappear. Sounds like a problem with the reciever? What in the AVR would cause this (if it is the AVR)??

Thread Information