Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

OK, now you have my attention

Quote Originally Posted by jwcullen
    This post has been edited by me.

This sort of link to a site is not acceptable in this forum! We have members below 15 years old.

-Florian
    What exactly is the problem here?
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffcin
    What exactly is the problem here?
    The new member has posted a link to a "Penis Enlargement site". I was trying to help by removing the link.

-Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

OK, now I understand

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    The new member has posted a link to a "Penis Enlargement site". I was trying to help by removing the link.

-Flo
    Thanks Flo, but I got it from here;

jwcullen; It's a good thing that I didn't see it first, as you would have received a suspension. Please do not post any more inappropriate links to this site.

I understand that it's tough when you ask a question and you don't get helpful answers. You have to understand that there's a lot of Spam hitting these forums, and it's always from newbies. I am sorry for the way some of the veteran members have treated you, but if you stick around you'll see that there's a lot of good people with helpful advice on these forums.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

This is amazing. The source of the problem in this thread was not with jwcullen. He simply asked a question and posted some nice clean pics. Then some bully ( I'm being nice) came along and caused the problems with personal attacks. It takes a real man and genius to hide behind their PC while trashing someone undeservedly with no proof whatsoever. Kind of like medieval times. LMAO

There’s one in every crowd. Unfortunately for the members of this site there’s more than one in this crowd. And it's a real shame running people off like this because we all learn from eachother. I learned about idiots today.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaiguitar
    This is amazing. The source of the problem in this thread was not with jwcullen. He simply asked a question and posted some nice clean pics. Then some bully ( I'm being nice) came along and caused the problems with personal attacks. It takes a real man and genius to hide behind their PC while trashing someone undeservedly with no proof whatsoever. Kind of like medieval times. LMAO
    Thankyou... at least there are a few nice/normal people in this forum.
    Probably should delete this thread now as it has nothing to do with the topic anymore.

Next time I will make sure I dont post such clear photos.

Quote Originally Posted by edtyct
    That's a good point to make--that is, about equipment assembled in China. People might well be surprised to learn how many reputable companies save money that way. The point to take out of this thread is that A/V scams can be insidious and highly tempting to people who don't spend a lot of time in this field and are looking for a bargain. We deconstructed Delfonica fairly well; the burden of proof now lies with the "company" itself. JW Cullen should not come away with the idea that he is not welcome here, much less that he should be presumed guilty of shilling without any good evidence.
    I'll go even a step futher and say that there is some excellent quality gear that is even *designed* and built in China (not just for manufacturing savings). My own Opera Audio Consonance gear (CD-120 Player in my main rig and Eric-1 speakers for my office) were designed and built in China, and I am quite happy with them both. Other high-end brands from China like Vincent (maker of high-end hybrid tube electronics) can also run with most of the high-end stuff out there.

All of that said, like others have already mentioned, the speakers mentioned in the OP are B&W clone junk.

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

You see someone being a bully and you report it

There’s one in every crowd. Unfortunately for the members of this site there’s more than one in this crowd. And it's a real shame running people off like this because we all learn from eachother. I learned about idiots today.
    Don't assume I can read every post on these forums. I didn't know there was a problem until someone complained.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

I don't. But as I also said, what harm was it doing even if it was Spam for it to be here for a few hours. Is there one moderator per area? I've seen more moderators on this forum than any other I've been too.

I would agree that this thread needs to be removed.

I don't think so

I don't. But as I also said, what harm was it doing even if it was Spam for it to be here for a few hours. Is there one moderator per area? I've seen more moderators on this forum than any other I've been too.

I would agree that this thread needs to be removed.
    There were some really good replies from AR veterans to the original question. The consensus being that this is cheap knockoff crap.

If there were some spurious remarks made and not removed by a moderator, how ironic that is, as you were just complaining about how constrained the moderators made you feel. you seem to want it both ways!
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

There were some really good replies from AR veterans to the original question. The consensus being that this is cheap knockoff crap.

If there were some spurious remarks made and not removed by a moderator, how ironic that is, as you were just complaining about how constrained the moderators made you feel. you seem to want it both ways!

My complaint (I actually made a suggestion, but I guess anybody that disagrees is considered complaining) had to do with handling threads going off topic. And deleting threads before finding out the facts as happened to me just a few days ago. I was slammed withou even being contacted even though I registered with a POP3 email account. Let's stick to the facts please. This isn't the Audio Lab

If you beleive the way this new member was treated is OK you guys obviously have some serious issues on this forum.

Just curious, how many AR members, veteran or not have heard these speakers? A little honesty goes a long, long way.

Personally, I doubt any have.

Just curious, how many AR members, veteran or not have heard these speakers? A little honesty goes a long, long way.
    Geography has a LOT to do with this hobby. Not everything is universally available.

As this thread progressed, it became clear that these were from "down under" and, this being mostly an American forum, that would limit our exposure to a lot of stuff marketed to the rest of the world in a local market.

That's why it helps if posters identify their location. Sometimes someone from that market might pick up on it and be able to offer some specific advice.

However, I don't think he asked if anyone HEARD these speakers so much as if anyone had HEARD OF the manufacturer, as if to question it's reputation.

To wit: I've not heard all B & W speakers but I've heard of B &W and will go on record as stating that they are a reputable company that has been around for quite some time, will most likely be around for a while to come, their products are built to certain standards, and they back up their products. None of this has squat to say about how they sound, that's a personal preference, but is good information to know when making a purchase.

Now, it would be nice if this thread were allowed to die a natural death, no? There's been enough blood shed in this forum over the last few days.

Let's just move on, shall we?

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Nope, sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    ...Now, it would be nice if this thread were allowed to die a natural death, no? There's been enough blood shed in this forum over the last few days.

Let's just move on, shall we?
    The Steel Cage awaits...

jimHJJ(...join us, will you?...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Just for the record

If you beleive the way this new member was treated is OK you guys obviously have some serious issues on this forum.
    I thought the newbie got a pretty shabby welcome. But I don't think you should judge the rest of us by what ResidentLoser posts.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

I realize this is OT...

I thought the newbie got a pretty shabby welcome. But I don't think you should judge the rest of us by what ResidentLoser posts.
    ...but do try to convey exactly how you arrived at that conclusion...and you're right...no one should judge this place by what I post...they might actually think the place is populated with intelligent, skeptical, reasonable people who don't believe you need to spend a fortune for good sound and don't indulge in the self-deceptive tweak du jour...

jimHJJ(...BTW, wire is wire...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

jwcullen,

Welcome to AR. The speakers in your pics look like B&W speakers. If they are, then they a well thought of by many. Beware of knock offs though. It happens.

Sorry that you had a bumpy start here. Your first post just fit a pattern. Many posters here are protective and are quick to point out if they think that someone is trying to scam us. It doesn't mean that you are not welcome. Stick around. You'll see that scammers come by now and then. You may even find yourself replying in a similar way.

Mike
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

To: jwcullen

I welcome you to this forum too :-) Just please dont post any more dirty links ;-)

As for the speakers. They are build to look like B&W speakers, without knowing what drivers, crossovers, parts etc. they use there is now way of knowing how they sound. B&W speakers have a great build quality, good service and a high wife acceptance factor. Maybe you should give the real ones a listen, and let your ears decide.

Have fun

Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information