Harman Kardon AVR135

Printable View

• 08-28-2005, 08:10 PM
    flash75
    Harman Kardon AVR135
    I ordered an HK AVR135 as an entry level receiver for a small apartment. I used to have an AVR125 and loved it so I thought why not continue with HK. I found a great deal on www.etronics.com for $475 cdn delivery, taxes, etc included but unfortunately they are having supply problems and i don't know when i'll be able to get my hands on it.

Any recommendations for something equal or better in quality for around the same price, or maybe a tad more? I'm only interested in sound quality.

Additionally the 135 has gone to 40 X 6. the 125 was 45 X 5. I don't know why they lowered the wattage but I guess it has to do with the 6th added channel. Will this 5w difference be noticeable? i'm guessing no.

Thanks!
  • 08-29-2005, 04:17 AM
    Tarheel_
    save your hard earned cash
    The 5 watt difference will be unnoticable. You may want to shop ebay and locate HK's ebay store. They sell factory refurb's with full warranty. I would also consider why you are upgrading. Since your in an apartment the 6th channel may be overkill. YOu need considerable room to run and hear the 6.1 potential.

I'd reconsider ungrading and use the money to purchase new DVDs or music CDs.
  • 08-29-2005, 06:28 AM
    MyThingIs23InchesFlacid!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by flash75
    I ordered an HK AVR135 as an entry level receiver for a small apartment. I used to have an AVR125 and loved it so I thought why not continue with HK. I found a great deal on www.etronics.com for $475 cdn delivery, taxes, etc included but unfortunately they are having supply problems and i don't know when i'll be able to get my hands on it.

Any recommendations for something equal or better in quality for around the same price, or maybe a tad more? I'm only interested in sound quality.

Additionally the 135 has gone to 40 X 6. the 125 was 45 X 5. I don't know why they lowered the wattage but I guess it has to do with the 6th added channel. Will this 5w difference be noticeable? i'm guessing no.

Thanks!

No noticeable difference at all, unless you have bionic ears like Jamie Summers (Bionic Woman). Or was it Steve austin? I get the two mixed up. One could hear anything and the other could see for miles. Steve had the bionic eye.

Kernal Steve Austin was awesome.
  • 08-29-2005, 06:26 PM
    flash75
    Thanks, I already sold the avr125 a couple years back so essentially i'm starting over. I loved that receiver! I won't be using the 6th channel so essentially the only thing i'm gaining is DTS and a newer model. hmmm, maybe i'll try to find the 125 on ebay!