AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Old Zenith Projection TV

I have a 3 gun Zenith model Pro 851 X projection TV that I would like to upgrade to HDTV or as close as possible if there is a way with out costing more that a new unit. If anyone knows how this could be done, I'd sure appreciate hearing something. Thanks

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudesader
    I have a 3 gun Zenith model Pro 851 X projection TV that I would like to upgrade to HDTV or as close as possible if there is a way with out costing more that a new unit. If anyone knows how this could be done, I'd sure appreciate hearing something. Thanks
    I'm not familiar with that model # ... is it an RPTV or a front projector? How old is it? Has it been in (more or less) constant use since new, or been idle for extended period(s) of time? Many questions, but they all relate to your query.
    woodman

I plan to live forever ..... so far, so good!
    Steven Wright

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodman
    I'm not familiar with that model # ... is it an RPTV or a front projector? How old is it? Has it been in (more or less) constant use since new, or been idle for extended period(s) of time? Many questions, but they all relate to your query.
    It's a front projector, built in 1994, capable of 800 line out of 3 7" guns. Has been in fairly constant use and had an add on card available to provide for higher resolutions. I believe it was the basic box that runco was using spiffing up at the start of HDTV .
    Last edited by Crudesader; 03-07-2004 at 08:30 PM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudesader
    It's a front projector, built in 1994, capable of 800 line out of 3 7" guns. Has been in fairly constant use and had an add on card available to provide for higher resolutions. I believe it was the basic box that runco was using spiffing up at the start of HDTV .
    OK - now that I know just what we're dealing with, I can advise you. There's no point in pursuing this objective at all, IMO. For what it would cost you, you can buy a new digital projector that will outperform whatever your current unit could possibly produce in terms of picture quality. In case you didn't know, there are now several projectors available at <>$1K that would be a much more sensible solution for you.

Hope this helps
    woodman

I plan to live forever ..... so far, so good!
    Steven Wright

Thread Information