Green bottom

Printable View

• 01-06-2007, 08:17 AM
    Dharris
    Green bottom
    Hi all, my TV is starting to act up in a weird way. I have a green blob in the bottom right hand corner (kinda like old CRT's with unshielded speakers next to the screen). During white scenes the white appears the have a greenish blue tint to it.
    This TV is only a few months old and does have the after market warranty. It happens with all video sources as well. Anyone know what the problem can be?

Thank you all,
    Don
  • 01-06-2007, 03:08 PM
    edtyct
    It may be dust in the light engine, which a tech might be able to clean. However if it is an unreachable contamination, or a bigger problem with the optical system, you may be looking at a replacement of some kind. Don't put it off.
  • 01-06-2007, 07:52 PM
    Dharris
    Quote:

Originally Posted by edtyct
    It may be dust in the light engine, which a tech might be able to clean. However if it is an unreachable contamination, or a bigger problem with the optical system, you may be looking at a replacement of some kind. Don't put it off.

called RC willey and they told me since the TV is still under a year old, that i need to contact the manufacture, and that my TV warranty does not take effect till the one year manufactures warranty is up. mits is closed till Monday, so i will wait till then. i think you are spot on the dust diagnoses, other boards have said the same thing. thank you for responding.

Don