Forum Regular

Great Easy to Use Small DVD Recorder Under $100

Just got this DVD recorder, Digital Max DVD Recorder (DMDR0501), http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Digit...oductDetail.do
    for under $100 & if your just looking for an easy to use stand alone DVD recorder to record from your DVR, camcorder, VCR, I'd recommend this if you want to save some money. As I don't edit or record TV shows I can't vouch for that function though. Only negative, which isn't a negative to me as I'm not using it to play DVD's, there is no optical out.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Sounds like a good buy for just recording.
    Look & Listen

PDK
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardGein
    Just got this DVD recorder, Digital Max DVD Recorder (DMDR0501), http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Digit...oductDetail.do
    for under $100 & if your just looking for an easy to use stand alone DVD recorder to record from your DVR, camcorder, VCR, I'd recommend this if you want to save some money. As I don't edit or record TV shows I can't vouch for that function though. Only negative, which isn't a negative to me as I'm not using it to play DVD's, there is no optical out.
    This is quite topical because I was looking for a super-cheap DVDR. Yesterday I purchased a Daewoo DVR06 from Sears for $99. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I will audition it over the next few days and report back. I bought it with the intention of transfering a few old VHS and camcorder tapes with the hopes that it could play straight mpg files of a UK daily show that I watch. If it can play mpgs dumped straight to DVD (just as DVD storage - not taking the time to convert them to a DVD movie), my Philips 642 will likely be sent back to Amazon...

Thread Information