AR Newbie Registered Member

Going from RCA connections to a binding post...help needed.

Alright, I have two floor speakers, a center speaker, and an amplifier. That makes three speakers, but my amplifier can carry five total. I want to use the two speakers (but not the subwoofer) from my 2.1 computer sound system, but they use an RCA connection such as this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...28photo%29.jpg

One speaker is the right (red) cable, and the other speaker is the white (left) cable. I would like to know if there is a way to get each speaker (both the red and white cables individually) hooked up to binding posts such as these:

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/gra...dingposts1.gif

Is it possible? Thanks in advance.

You may be able to cut those rca connectors, strip the wire and install
    banana plugs. I've never seen an adapter for a combo like that, but that dosn't
    mean it's not out there. And it's always cool at AR to kind of introduce yourself.
    Anyway, welcome and good luck.

The computer speakers are already powered, probably to the limit of their tolerance, and even if you could get by their amp section to access the drivers themselves, they wouldn't do you much good. Your best bet is to get some sort of preamp to match your amp (assuming that it's up to snuff) and a couple of home-audio speakers. Maybe you should tell the board what you have now and what you'd like to do. I'm sure that people could match your budget and requirements with suitable equipment.

Thread Information