AR Newbie Registered Member

Noob needs advice on HT setup :)

Hi all,

I have spent the last two weeks reading the forum and reviews. I was hoping to get some expert advice on my specific situation. Apologies in advance for any dumb and repeated questions.

I am looking to buy an AV receiver, speakers for my new place. The room is approximately 15 feet x 20 feet x 10 feet height. The place has speakers built-in to the ceiling throughout the living area. I was thinking about getting an AV receiver like the Yamaha RXV2095 or the Denon AVR3801 just based on the reviews. I had a Yamaha 9xx something with NHT SuperOne, center and sub before and i was pretty happy with it.

I would like to connect my Tivo, Apple Mini (DVI for video playback) to the receiver and let the receiver manage the video inputs and out to the plasma tv. I would also like to do audio playback from the Apple Mini or my iPod. Both video and audio quality are important to me. I don't feel so much like I need to future proof the system and have the latest technology though. Because the living area is pretty open, I would prefer not having to put speaker behind the seating area since it would be in the hallway if possible. I am also intrigued by the new receivers that can stream music from PC like the Denon ci ones. But it's more of a cool factor and not a need.

I would really appreciate any advice on the receiver as well as speaker to get. I would like to get everything for under 4k if possible.

Thank you in advance.

George

With 4K you should be in good hands, but what all do you want to cover in that price....you are in need of a receiver, but how many speakers...5 and and a sub? Are you interested in getting a system for music playback and HT application ?

Thread Information