AR Newbie Registered Member

Flat panel swivel mount IN (not ON) the wall

I don’t know if anyone has seen “Two for the Money,” but I was inspired by something in the movie. The apartment in which Matthew McConaughey’s character lives, has a flat panel TV mounted IN the wall (as opposed to ON the wall).

The TV sits in a cutout (similar to a kitchen pass-through), just slightly larger than the TV and is mounted on a swivel that allows the TV to rotate 360 degrees. The TV can then be viewed from either side of the wall (from two different rooms).

Does anyone know of a commercially available mount that will allow for this type of installation?

TIA.

Tipsy

Are you looking for a swivel mount capable of 360, or at least 180, degree turns? That kind of twisting might wreak havoc with your cables unless they were to have a lot of play, and even so, the torque might be too much. Would the cables be hidden inside the walls? Where would the electronics be? Don't trust everything you see in the movies. Check with DTV City, Plasma Depot, and DTV Express--all on the web--for available mounts.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edtyct
    Are you looking for a swivel mount capable of 360, or at least 180, degree turns? That kind of twisting might wreak havoc with your cables unless they were to have a lot of play, and even so, the torque might be too much. Would the cables be hidden inside the walls? Where would the electronics be? Don't trust everything you see in the movies. Check with DTV City, Plasma Depot, and DTV Express--all on the web--for available mounts.
    I've thought about all of the issues you bring up. Yes, I'd like for the wires to be within the wall. In theory, 180 degrees is all that would be necessary, but if there were some way to also mount the necessary wiring with swivels, then 360 degrees would be preferred.

I'll check out the sites you suggest.

Thanks for the reply.

Tipsy

Thread Information