AR Newbie Registered Member

EFE Speakers ????

Hello, I am new to this forum and was "guided" here in my efforts to learn more about the EFE speakers I uncovered in searching the net for some good rear channel sound for my 7.1 Yamaha RX2400 set up.
    I have read alot about Ed Frias' designs and design improvments for the BIC and so forth but I have run into the wall. Have The DYI designs by Ed Frias gone by the way-side? If so...what has replaced them? Has Ed Frias moved on to the next plane? If so...is there any wizkids out there to fill his shoes? I've read that there is now a "EFE Technology" company but I can't find any good links to take me there.
    BTW... I have a 30' x 30' room with a Pani projector throwing a 76 x 128" picture (it's awesome) the sound is provided by ESS Tempest fronts, RC-35 in the center and Klipsch RF-35 towers in the back, RS-1's on the side and Def-Tech Pro-Sub 100 on the floor.
    The goal is to dedicate the RF-35's to the "B" channel for ROCKIN' and replace them with a elevated (wall mount?) smaller, more effecient speaker and also to add good L&R surrounds, moving the RS's to the "presence speaker" position.
    I know, a bunch of stuff...but any help is appreciated.

Forum Regular

EFE TECHNOLOGY Speakers

You can contact me at:
    efespeakers@commspeed.net

Thanks,
    Ed Frias
    EFE Speakers

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohnzy
    Hello, I am new to this forum and was "guided" here in my efforts to learn more about the EFE speakers I uncovered in searching the net for some good rear channel sound for my 7.1 Yamaha RX2400 set up.
    I have read alot about Ed Frias' designs and design improvments for the BIC and so forth but I have run into the wall. Have The DYI designs by Ed Frias gone by the way-side? If so...what has replaced them? Has Ed Frias moved on to the next plane? If so...is there any wizkids out there to fill his shoes? I've read that there is now a "EFE Technology" company but I can't find any good links to take me there.
    BTW... I have a 30' x 30' room with a Pani projector throwing a 76 x 128" picture (it's awesome) the sound is provided by ESS Tempest fronts, RC-35 in the center and Klipsch RF-35 towers in the back, RS-1's on the side and Def-Tech Pro-Sub 100 on the floor.
    The goal is to dedicate the RF-35's to the "B" channel for ROCKIN' and replace them with a elevated (wall mount?) smaller, more effecient speaker and also to add good L&R surrounds, moving the RS's to the "presence speaker" position.
    I know, a bunch of stuff...but any help is appreciated.
    Ed will look after ya...warning though...settling with just 1 pair speakers designed by him is highly unlikely.

Thread Information