Forum Regular

Woodman advice!!Cloudy spot in screen

I Have a new Toshiba 51hx83 I've noticed a dull section in the upper center of the screen. It's about 6-8 inches in diameter and is not on the screen but behind it. the picture is perfect and the spot is only slightly visible during dark scenes when the tv is on. It's quite obvious when the tv is off. I can only describe it as like a cloudy section behind the screen .I have not called for repair as the picture is fine but have never seen something like this on other sets.
    Any thought or experience in this regard?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by weeboy
    I Have a new Toshiba 51hx83 I've noticed a dull section in the upper center of the screen. It's about 6-8 inches in diameter and is not on the screen but behind it. the picture is perfect and the spot is only slightly visible during dark scenes when the tv is on. It's quite obvious when the tv is off. I can only describe it as like a cloudy section behind the screen .I have not called for repair as the picture is fine but have never seen something like this on other sets.
    Any thought or experience in this regard?
    Unfortunately, I cannot tell you exactly what your problem is. It could be a smudge of some sort on the mirror, but if that were the cause, it wouldn't be visible when the set is off - but only when it's operating. If it's more visible when the set is off than when it's on, it's more likely to be some sort of dirt or smudge or something like that on either the fresnel lens or on the lenticular lens. If the "cloudy area" is a different color that the areas nearby, it could be a dirty spot on the face of one of the CRTs, or on any of the lenses associated with that tube. In any case, it should be corrected before the warranty expires, but is not something that demands immediate attention.

Hope this helps you
    woodman

I plan to live forever ..... so far, so good!
    Steven Wright

Thread Information