• 03-17-2005, 07:51 PM
    aienco
    DVD2910 & AVC-A10SE SACD PROB. Please help
    I've got a Denon DVD-2910 and a Denon AVC-A10SE Amp. I just decided to buy my first SACD to try it. I am not getting any sound what so ever. I have tried every single setting on the amp and the dvd player and nothing. I have it hooked up with an optical cable and the amp set to digital auto but I notice it keeps switching over to analog on the display of the amp. This sugests to me that it is not sensing the signal from the DVD player. I can play normal MP3's DVD's, just Not SACD. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
  • 03-17-2005, 08:05 PM
    N. Abstentia
    You CANNOT use the optical cable for SACD. You HAVE to hook up the 6 analog outputs on your SACD player to the multichannel inputs on your receiver.
  • 03-17-2005, 08:47 PM
    aienco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    You CANNOT use the optical cable for SACD. You HAVE to hook up the 6 analog outputs on your SACD player to the multichannel inputs on your receiver.

Your Kidding??? I dont think the amp has all those inputs? Will it work through Coaxal??
  • 03-18-2005, 05:26 AM
    kfalls
    I believe DVD-Audio has six analog channels not a digital bit stream. Many SACD/DVD-Audio CD have both analog and digital tracks, but may be either 2 channel digital, or 5.1. Also many receivers capable of SACD/DVD-Audio playback require you to select the external 6-channel input option for playback.
  • 03-18-2005, 06:40 AM
    N. Abstentia
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aienco
    Your Kidding??? I dont think the amp has all those inputs? Will it work through Coaxal??

No. Six channel analog only! You can think the record companies and the RIAA for that.
  • 03-18-2005, 06:41 AM
    shokhead
    DVD-A and SACD=6 analogs if you want there multi-channel mix.