• 06-27-2004, 03:07 PM
    hershon
    DVD+R Question Plus Great Broadband Internet Speed Accelerator Free!
    First a few questions on DVD-R. 1. Is DVD+R preferable to DVD-R? 2. Do you get better sound on DVD+R then DVD+RW? 3. Will a DVDR listed at 8X record twice as fast as one listed at 4X? 4. Are the 8X more expensive then 4X? 5. Are there 12X DVDR's available (Ihave a 12X burner) and are they more expensive then 8 & 4X?

NOW FOR THE GREAT NEWS. This is unsolicited on my part. Even though I have Cable internet service I was not satisfied with the speed and efficiency when clicking on a site, particularly ESPN & EBAY (which I think may be on a Netscape Server and I'm on internet Explorer) which I've had countless problems with. Anyway, I did a google search and I came upon an internet accelerator that unbelievably increased my broadband speed
    and efficiency incredibly (the software will also work on dial up connections too). The software is called Tweakmaster Pro Vers. 2. They give you a free 30 day trial download for the full software go to http://www.brothersoft.com/Internet_...PRO_20096.html

You can buy the software after you've downloaded it (they send you the registration number so its working on your computer permanently not just for 30 days) for $37.95 and all I can say its the best software I've ever bought. To basically use to get easy immediate results all you have to do is press optimizer & regularly press the automatic DNS Accelerator Update. The software has many other great features like synchronizing your computers clock with the official Navy one, singleing out your most popular sites to in crease speed etc. This is the first accelerator that actually made a significant improvement on my internet speed. Try it you'll like it. Initially I had one minor problem with it that somehow went away, when I booted the computer up and clicked internet explorer I got 2 illegal operations messages- all I did was close them off and internet explorer worked fine as did the rest of the computer. This happened several times when I booted the compter but somehow eventually went away by itself.
  • 06-27-2004, 05:10 PM
    N. Abstentia
    [QUOTE=hershon]First a few questions on DVD-R. 1. Is DVD+R preferable to DVD-R? 2. Do you get better sound on DVD+R then DVD+RW? 3. Will a DVDR listed at 8X record twice as fast as one listed at 4X? 4. Are the 8X more expensive then 4X? 5. Are there 12X DVDR's available (Ihave a 12X burner) and are they more expensive then 8 & 4X?

QUOTE]
    +R and -R will look and sound the same, choose whichever one your burner and players like.

+RW and -RW are just rewriteable +R and -R

8x will burn close to twice as fast as 4x as long as your computer can keep up. 8x will cost quite a bit mroe than 4x. I haven't seen 12x media yet.

Personally I stick with 1x and sometimes 2x. Makes a better burn.
  • 06-27-2004, 07:48 PM
    hershon
    When you use 1X or 2X how long do you guess does it take you to burn a 2 hour movie?
    Have you ever tried to burn a decrypted dvdr (source) to a clone? I keep getting errors when I try to do it.

[QUOTE=N. Abstentia]
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hershon
    First a few questions on DVD-R. 1. Is DVD+R preferable to DVD-R? 2. Do you get better sound on DVD+R then DVD+RW? 3. Will a DVDR listed at 8X record twice as fast as one listed at 4X? 4. Are the 8X more expensive then 4X? 5. Are there 12X DVDR's available (Ihave a 12X burner) and are they more expensive then 8 & 4X?

QUOTE]
    +R and -R will look and sound the same, choose whichever one your burner and players like.

+RW and -RW are just rewriteable +R and -R

8x will burn close to twice as fast as 4x as long as your computer can keep up. 8x will cost quite a bit mroe than 4x. I haven't seen 12x media yet.

Personally I stick with 1x and sometimes 2x. Makes a better burn.

• 06-28-2004, 03:38 AM
    N. Abstentia
    I've never really paid much attention for sure, but on 1x it normally takes close to an hour to burn a full DVD. 2x is 30-40 minutes.

Yeah I burn drecrypted discs all the time just doing a DVD copy in Nero.