Forum Regular

dvd player ventalation

Ok so at the moment i have a harmon kardon dvd2550s. I have around 6inches or a bit more of space between the my a'v receiver but on the other hand only around 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch of space above the dvd player. The top of the unit dosnt have ventalation holes in it and i'm not sure if the player runs all that hot. Would this amount of space be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Astro
    Ok so at the moment i have a harmon kardon dvd2550s. I have around 6inches or a bit more of space between the my a'v receiver but on the other hand only around 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch of space above the dvd player. The top of the unit dosnt have ventalation holes in it and i'm not sure if the player runs all that hot. Would this amount of space be ok?
    The simple solution is to touch the DVD player after normal use and see if it's extremely hot to the touch. But being that DVD players don't work like an amp or receiver does, it's doubtful that you'll have a problem. Lastly, you don't specify if it's in an enclosed or open rack. You'd have more of a chance of overheating in an enclosed space with less than an inch space than in an open rack.

Forum Regular

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by paul_pci
    The simple solution is to touch the DVD player after normal use and see if it's extremely hot to the touch. But being that DVD players don't work like an amp or receiver does, it's doubtful that you'll have a problem. Lastly, you don't specify if it's in an enclosed or open rack. You'd have more of a chance of overheating in an enclosed space with less than an inch space than in an open rack.
    It's in a tv unit at the moment with the back completely open and around 4-5inches either side of the dvd player its self.
    I ran the dvd player with a cd in it on a continous cycle for about 6 hours. After 6 hours the player was barely even warm, so I think it should be no prob at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro
    It's in a tv unit at the moment with the back completely open and around 4-5inches either side of the dvd player its self.
    I ran the dvd player with a cd in it on a continous cycle for about 6 hours. After 6 hours the player was barely even warm, so I think it should be no prob at all.
    There you go.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_pci
    There you go.
    Hey Paul the heat difference wont alter, if its a dvd or cd being played will it? It should be around the same for both?

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    DVD or a CD player runs almost heatless. Dont give it a second thought.
    Look & Listen

Thread Information