Thread: Dsp

Forum Regular

Dsp

Wow. Just tried the DSP modes on my Sony. The Hall one is pretty cool, makes my room sound bigger and doesn't give that fake sound either. Sound like a reeal hall. Guess it's just a simple echo. It's kind of better to get something traveling to the rear channels than using the Pro Logic which sometimes gives a fake sound...It's cool how when I stop the song suddenly I hear the echo..Wouldn't want to have this running all the time but I must say it is a pretty cool feature to play around with!

Forum Regular
    Joel; my friend has a Sherwood 8090R. They have a Hall 1 and Hall 2 DSP on this receiver and the other models they made at that time. I have the 6095R. I use the Hall 1 in my room. It works "alright". Hall 2 is too echoey. DPL-1 for music is something I do not like on either Sherwood. Going back to my friends unit, this system is in a rather huge room. The rear speakers are some 15 feet in back of his sitting area. This was the first time I really got a Hall 1 setting to work quite great. His two channel CDs sounded great mainly because the room was good for the DSP. He was very surprised himself how well it worked. I told him that I played a hunch and the hunch turned out to be a HALL 1 bonanza for him and a surprise for me as well which told me more at least about a function of getting a DSP to work.

Forum Regular

That's cool!

That's cool I guess these DSP modes do have a benifit somewhere. I was watching tv and flicked to DSP. This is not for tv, but for music it sounds great, gets a small bit annoying after a while but does sound very cool!

Forum Regular
    You'll likely find that you grow tired of DSPs very quickly. They're fun to play around with and, when I had my Yamaha receiver (the crowned King of DSPs), I fooled around with them for quite a while. However, once I found 5 channel stereo, my DSP surfing days were done forever!

Forum Regular

Yep..

Ha yep. Sounds cool but i don't want to have it on when listening to regular music :P

Thread Information