Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Regular

Does such a thing exist?

Hello,

Not sure if this is posted in the right section; if its not, let me know. I was wondering if there is anyway to mute, or severely diminish the sports announcers during sporting events, especially football, so that you only hear the audio of the crowd/game.

I have a surround system, all Sony, Sony receiver 6.1, but I never messed around with it to try it.

Does such an item, like an equalizer, exist that can if not mute, at least take the feed from the announcers and make it very low? If so, can you post the names of such products?

not sure if this can be done....i'd try to turn down the center channels' level as far as possible and increase the speaker levels in the remaining speakers.

When attacking this problem (read Joe Theisman), i just play a CD or listen to the radio while watching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel_
    not sure if this can be done....i'd try to turn down the center channels' level as far as possible and increase the speaker levels in the remaining speakers.

When attacking this problem (read Joe Theisman), i just play a CD or listen to the radio while watching the game.
    Joe IS a pain. But it's not limited to him. Over the years it seems like it's become a contest for who can be the biggest jerk. "They should run here." "If they do anything else besides running it up the middle here they are fools." 'BAM! They ran it? What were they thinking?" "I knew they should have thrown it."

Put me down for two of those things when they come out.

Many years ago, one of the networks tried an experiment. A game with NO announcers. That's right, no one to call the game. But they didn't put the relevant information where you could see it. What down is it? How far for a first? Did he score? Was he in? What's the score anyhow? Who's winning?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    I know this is avoiding the question, but your best bet is to just listen to something else.

Can I ask why you would still want to listen to everything else except the announcer? Let me clarify my question -- I understand why you don't want to listen to the announcer, the part I don't understand is that you still want to listen to the rest of the audio feed.

To my knowledge, such a thing does not yet exist.

I'm sure they're working on it, though.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
    I know this is avoiding the question, but your best bet is to just listen to something else.

Can I ask why you would still want to listen to everything else except the announcer? Let me clarify my question -- I understand why you don't want to listen to the announcer, the part I don't understand is that you still want to listen to the rest of the audio feed.

To my knowledge, such a thing does not yet exist.

I'm sure they're working on it, though.
    Why? Well, with my HD and 6.1 surround and 56" television, I actually feel lke i'm at the game.... except for the idiots talking all the time. So, on big plays, like 3rd and 6 with 1:05 to go on the 40yard line, I would like to mute them and hear the crowd go nuts when the play is made...

Perhaps if you don't understand, you should be watching the Food Network?

Quote Originally Posted by Repoman75

POW! ZING! And it's going.... going.... IT'S GONE! Yes ladies and gentlemen, the rookie has knocked his first pitch out of the stadium. And... the... crowd... goes.... in......to...... a....... coma.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

*goes to a game* *shoots the joe theisman guy* *flies back home* *listens to some great music*

Better now??
    such a thing does not yet exists,
    2 simple reasons,
    1) some people are stupid and/or blind (no offense to those people) and need such a guy too understand the game, by most of the other people, this information will be badd and just a pain in the ass,

2) someone has to do the job, even if you know you will only be hated by other people

indeed try to mute your center channel, or unplug it and say you have one...

hope this helps.

Greetings,
    Basite
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by basite
    *goes to a game* *shoots the joe theisman guy* *flies back home* *listens to some great music*

Better now??
    such a thing does not yet exists,
    2 simple reasons,
    1) some people are stupid and/or blind (no offense to those people) and need such a guy too understand the game, by most of the other people, this information will be badd and just a pain in the ass,

2) someone has to do the job, even if you know you will only be hated by other people
    indeed try to mute your center channel, or unplug it and say you have one...

hope this helps.

Greetings,
    Basite
    Thanks, I'll try messing with the Center Channel and let you know.

Mutant from table 9
    What a boob. Are you trying to be funny?

Lack of understanding?! You're the one looking for a magic box. You're the one who couldn't be bothered to "mess around" with your surround system before coming here. Show a little graciousness when you come into a new sandbox.

since i don't watch any sports on tv, and certainly not our football, (which is different and even more boring then the american version, and besides that there is tennis, which is boring to watch too) i actually don't watch alot of tv, and when i do watch tv, the only thing that really annoys me are: the commercials,
    now here we have 2 national channels (which can't do commercials) and all the rest of the belgian channels are commercial, which means they can do commercials, and it looks that they are addicted to it, when i watch prison break (like the only programme i try to follow) and 4 minutes after it started, they will give you 7 minutes of dry, dubbed commercials for washing and cleaning products (you'll probably seen them alot too) after that, they will start attacking you with a 7 minute commercial block every 15 minutes right in your face, OMG, people with alzheimer will actually forget what happened in the 15 minutes before the commercials,
    i mean, where are we going, if you want commercials, get a special channel for it, so we don't have to watch it.

ha, that felt good.
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster
    What a boob. Are you trying to be funny?

Lack of understanding?! You're the one looking for a magic box. You're the one who couldn't be bothered to "mess around" with your surround system before coming here. Show a little graciousness when you come into a new sandbox.

Magic box? I'm looking for the latest on audio information. Are these forums not the place? Let me know now and I'll elsewhere....

Mutant from table 9
    Oooooo.... you showed me! Touche! Your superior skills have embarrassed me in front of my friends and peers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette Perhaps a refresher is due.

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    I lollered!
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Forum Regular
    Oooooo.... you showed me! Touche! Your superior skills have embarrassed me in front of my friends and peers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette Perhaps a refresher is due.
    What's your problem man? I asked for help from you people, and you question WHY I am asking for help. Next time I'll tell you to mind your own f*cking business and just answer my goddamn question. No wonder hits to this site are low... rude and rude.

What's your problem man? I asked for help from you people, and you question WHY I am asking for help. Next time I'll tell you to mind your own f*cking business and just answer my goddamn question. No wonder hits to this site are low... rude and rude.

Pot, meet kettle.

Forum Regular
    You know what? If the internet is a superhighway, this is a Goddamn speed bump filled dead end.

You know what? If the internet is a superhighway, this is a Goddamn speed bump filled dead end.

What a nice guy. Come on in. Would you like some coffee?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    What a nice guy. Come on in. Would you like some coffee?
    No, what I would like is some goddamn respect. I didn't start this pissing match, some wise ass geek who sits on this board all day and doesn't understand the rush of a football game crowd did.

I am going to mess with the Center Channel and report back.

Mutant from table 9
    What's your problem man? I asked for help from you people, and you question WHY I am asking for help.
    This is actually a good point, but with a good response. The reason we often ask "Why?" is because people often are asking the wrong question. By finding out what their goals are we can often stear them in a direction their original question did not anticipate. i.e. "I want a 1000 watt amp." "Why?" "To make my system louder." "Then you don't want a 1000 watt amp, you want 100db sensitivity spekers." So... you know... umm, bite me.

Next time I'll tell you to mind your own f*cking business and just answer my goddamn question.
    Yeah, because that will work so much better. Your narcissism shines through. "FU, but answer MY question." Okay, buddy.

Mutant from table 9
    I didn't start this pissing match, some wise ass geek who sits on this board all day and doesn't understand the rush of a football game crowd did.

Manly, like a lumberjack, he is.

Forum Regular
    This is actually a good point, but with a good response. The reason we often ask "Why?" is because people often are asking the wrong question. By finding out what their goals are we can often stear them in a direction their original question did not anticipate. i.e. "I want a 1000 watt amp." "Why?" "To make my system louder." "Then you don't want a 1000 watt amp, you want 100db sensitivity spekers." So... you know... umm, bite me.

Yeah, because that will work so much better. Your narcissism shines through. "FU, but answer MY question." Okay, buddy.
    This was the response I got:

Well, if this doesn't scream "Why the F would you want to do that man? John Madden is king... I'd let him teabag me anytime". This comment has nothing with trying to steer me in the right direction - mocking at best, rude at worse.

No, what I would like is some goddamn respect. I didn't start this pissing match, some wise ass geek who sits on this board all day and doesn't understand the rush of a football game crowd did.

I am going to mess with the Center Channel and report back.
    Maybe you should go back and re-read his response. He was polite and tried to help you. All he said was that he didn't understand why, and asked for a clarification. You are the one who jumped on him with a wise-ars remark. You did, in fact, start the pissing. Go read it again.
    Then come back and be nice. We'd love to have you around.

Forum Regular
    I will be back after I try the Center channel approach.

I will be back after I try the Center channel approach.
    Have you got a game recorded to try it on? Hope it works.
    I have acouple of games on the DVR but have plans for tonight. UPS says they dropped off my new sub today. Oh the joy!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Have you got a game recorded to try it on? Hope it works.
    I have acouple of games on the DVR but have plans for tonight. UPS says they dropped off my new sub today. Oh the joy!
    There has to be a game, any game on one of the many ESPNs, Comcast Sports, and FS channels I get.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information