• 06-18-2004, 09:04 AM
    NewAudioBuff
    Ok. I haven't tried if it can handle 200 watts.BUT THIS IS ....
    Quote:

Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    WHOA! I almost spit Mountain Dew Code Red all over my screen when I read that!!

Bose speakers will NEVER handle anything CLOSE to 200 watts. You've been fooled by the Bose marketing. Have you ever seen a 2" full range driver with a half-inch voice coil handle 200 watts of continuous power??? Answer = no.

......FROM WHAT BOSE'S SPECIFICATION SAYS IN THEIR MANUALS:

"Compatible with A/V Receivers and Amplifiers rated from 10 to 200 watts [not peak watts] per channel rated from 4 to 8 ohms"

Here is the link to the PDF file from bose site. You can find it in the "TEchnical Information" Section:
    http://www.bose.com/controller;jsessionid=ATdkIZ5lUEcOdHHnDtklzUFRhnq2 26kuoUzBcxrD2yOZtGJsQj2N!1943904572?event=VIEW_PRO DUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=am16_surround_index&pageNa me=/home_entertainment/theater/systems/surround/index.jsp

The PDF is on the r.h.s of the page " Owners Guide".
  • 06-18-2004, 09:24 AM
    Kursun
    Quote:

Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    WHOA! I almost spit Mountain Dew Code Red all over my screen when I read that!!

Bose speakers will NEVER handle anything CLOSE to 200 watts. You've been fooled by the Bose marketing. Have you ever seen a 2" full range driver with a half-inch voice coil handle 200 watts of continuous power??? Answer = no.

Simple Math:
    Bose 901 has nine such drivers, so each handles 200/9= 22 Watts.
  • 06-18-2004, 09:49 AM
    This Guy
    I belive he was talking about the jewel cubes, cuz they have 2.5" drivers, the 901 has 4.5" drivers and therefore would be able to handle much more power.

-Joey