• 06-28-2004, 03:42 PM
    acqui
    Does anyone own a Loewe television?
    Someone suggested I look into these German televisions but I was wondering if anyone owns one and what their price ranges are? I am not sure about their reputation, quality etc
  • 08-04-2004, 12:30 AM
    kdogg
    They make the best Tube TVs (Aconda 38) and one of the coolest DLPs (Articos 55) in the world.

I do not own one, but I have worked at a store that carried them, and they are awesome. No problems that I have heard of, all solid and well built. All tvs also include a very cool menu system with connection guide built into the tv.
  • 08-04-2004, 03:26 AM
    grampi
    Sounds like a company all other TV manufacturers should take notice of. It also sounds like Loewe is a breath of fresh air amoung today's trend of building as cheaply as possible and providing as little warranty as possible. What type of warranty do the Loewe TV's come with?
  • 08-04-2004, 05:33 AM
    kpzbee
    Hmmmm
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kdogg
    They make the best Tube TVs (Aconda 38) and one of the coolest DLPs (Articos 55) in the world.

I do not own one, but I have worked at a store that carried them, and they are awesome. No problems that I have heard of, all solid and well built. All tvs also include a very cool menu system with connection guide built into the tv.

I was doing some research on the net about these & found some very mixed reviews. I've seen a few of them & they do have the most awesome picture I've ever seen. Their CRT makes a plasma set look bad but when they need repair, that's when it gets ugly. A lot of the reviews I read, said that when they work, they're the best. To get one repaired, supposedly the customer support is terrible. No parts in the US seems to be one issue & bad boards seem to be another popular concern. For what these sets cost, I'm not sure I feel comfortable that much coin with such mediocre reviews. :(
  • 08-04-2004, 07:54 AM
    kdogg
    Three year manufacturer warranty.

As far as parts and availibility, pretty similar to any foriegn based electronics firm, a couple weeks to get parts from Germany. If you are in a major city, there should be a servicing dealer or tv service center near by.