Forum Regular

Do all the new HD Ready RPTVs has the Hitachi's VirtualHD like feture..

..where the regular inputs would be converted to 1080i (is it the same as line-doubling) to make them look smoother? I see this as a feature on Toshiba and Hitachi, but not on Mitsubishi. Please advice.

Forum Regular
    Yes, virtually EVERY set on the market today (CRT-based RPTVs) does this - and yes, it's the exact same thing as "line doubling". Only there are small differences performed when the incoming signal is 480i or 480p or 525i or 720p. Simply doubling the 480 lines would only give you 960 ... about 120 "lines" shy of the 1080 scan line presentation. So, some more lines need to be added to fill the entire 1080-line display which usually are added to the very top and bottom of the screen, where they don't have much of any impact on the image.

Hope this helps you
    woodman

I plan to live forever ..... so far, so good!
    Steven Wright

Forum Regular

Thank you

Thank you woodman. Looks like the new Mitsubishis have improved their menus.. now they have individual color controls for all the 6 colors. Nice. Only the 'S' series and up has it for Hitachi. Mitsu seems to have it from Platinum Plus onwards. Anybody has the new 48 inch Platinum/Platinum Plus?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jxnew
    Thank you woodman. Looks like the new Mitsubishis have improved their menus.. now they have individual color controls for all the 6 colors. Nice. Only the 'S' series and up has it for Hitachi. Mitsu seems to have it from Platinum Plus onwards. Anybody has the new 48 inch Platinum/Platinum Plus?
    I my be wrong, but I think Mitsubushi has always had line double they just didn't make it a big saling point. Mine is 4 years now and it has line doubling (WS55805) Platinum series.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Thread Information