Forum Regular

Anyone With Panasonic HDTV Appreciate Some Fine tuning & setting advice

I just got my Panasonic 34" HDTV Monitor (CT-34WX15) & would welcome anyones suggestions who have this or a similar Panasonic widescreen as to what you have the settings on- i.e. Picture mode- Standard, Cinema or Vivid, warm color, cool color, etc. & more Thanks

cam
    A few weeks ago I was at Sears playing around with this model and I kept coming back to the vivid setting. To my eyes in the store it looked really good. Having it in my own living room could be a whole different situation though. Get a video calibration disc or if you have any dvd's with the thx optimizer use it.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cam
    A few weeks ago I was at Sears playing around with this model and I kept coming back to the vivid setting. To my eyes in the store it looked really good. Having it in my own living room could be a whole different situation though. Get a video calibration disc or if you have any dvd's with the thx optimizer use it.
    It looks really good. Right now my only problem is & it may be psychologically from being use to my Samsung TV's 30" picture, the picture somehow looks a bit darker then I'm used too but this might be in my imagination. I may try to use the video calibration disc- Help PAul PCI. Right now I'm on this site and another site trying to see the settings others may have on this.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardGein
    It looks really good. Right now my only problem is & it may be psychologically from being use to my Samsung TV's 30" picture, the picture somehow looks a bit darker then I'm used too but this might be in my imagination. I may try to use the video calibration disc- Help PAul PCI. Right now I'm on this site and another site trying to see the settings others may have on this.
    Yeah, you need to use the calibration disc I have to verify your settings are optimal. Typically, "darker" will produce an objectively better picture and it's just a matter of getting accustomed to it, or saying, screw it, I want a bright picture (which can blur boundaries and colors).

Pat
    Forum Regular
    The calibration disc is a great idea, mine is an Avia disc and it made a world of difference on my 27" crt Sony flatscreen. I always thought of myself as being pretty good at the basic color etc. adjustments but the disc has proven otherwise.
    When we go plasma it will probably be a Panasonic, the quality of picture is very nice.
    Have a good day.....Sez' Pat
    Denon 685 Receiver & 2900 Player, Sonographe 120 Amp, Klipsch RF7 Speakers, 2039+ svs Sub, 10gauge solid core copper cables

Quote Originally Posted by Pat
    The calibration disc is a great idea, mine is an Avia disc and it made a world of difference on my 27" crt Sony flatscreen. I always thought of myself as being pretty good at the basic color etc. adjustments but the disc has proven otherwise.
    When we go plasma it will probably be a Panasonic, the quality of picture is very nice.
    I've got DVE and it made some good improvements and I thought that disc had a great explanation for the video adjustments and settings, unlike their non-existent explanation for the audio tests and adjustments.

Thread Information