• 03-10-2004, 08:06 PM
    SteveH
    Digital converter box connections
    First off, I am new to these forums... Hello all... Happy to be here :)

Up to now, I have been using standard cable TV with no box. I have decided to upgrade to Digital cable. I have a question on connections. What I want to do is be able to watch the digital cable through the tv without going through my Home Theater system for normal stuff like news, sports, etc...Then for viewing pay per view movies or listening to the digital music stations, go through the Home Theater system. My thinking on the connections to accomplish this is:

Composite Video and Audio Cables out of Converter Box to TV for normal viewing

Then for movie and digital music from the digital cable tv service, use the S-Video Out and Digital Audio Out cables from converter box to HT receiver.

I currently have a DVD player connected for HT with Audio and Video cables going to HT Receiver, then a Video Monitor cable running from reciever back to TV.

Is my thinking correct or not? Or is there a better way?

Thanks for the help :)
  • 03-11-2004, 12:49 PM
    Coldwater
    you've got the right idea.
    All you said sounds like it will work. The only problem i can see is with the monitor out on the receiver. Overall, asuming the digital box has all the stated outputs, sounds great.
  • 03-12-2004, 10:09 PM
    SteveH
    :p

Got everything set...Thanks.