Forum Regular

Differences between Pioneer Elite 53tx and 55tx???

I am looking at the Pionee Elite line of recievers. The 53tx and 55tx, seem to have all the same specs pretty much, but the 55tx is a few hundred $$$ more. Can anyone tell me the differences between the two and which one i should go with. Thanks for any help.

Ryan

AR Newbie Registered Member

Pioneer Elite 53tx and 55tx

Quote Originally Posted by fountboy
    I am looking at the Pionee Elite line of recievers. The 53tx and 55tx, seem to have all the same specs pretty much, but the 55tx is a few hundred $$$ more. Can anyone tell me the differences between the two and which one i should go with. Thanks for any help.

Ryan
    The main difference that I know of is the IEEE input for multi-channel audio. The 55tx has this input and the 53tx does not. It lets you get multi channel audio (DVD Audio and SACD) signals to your reciever with one cable instead of 6. I have the 43tx, last years model and love it.

My system, Pioneer Elite Pro 530HDI HDTV, Pioneer Elite VSX-43tx, Wharfedale Diamond 8 speakers, Samsung DVD-HD931.

Forum Regular
    I just bought the Pioneer Elite 49 TXI AVR how are you liking your Pioneer reciever?

I was told the step up from the 49 to the 50's recievers was very minimal

I just saw both of these at my local high end store the other day and it may be additional inputs/outputs. I'm just glad Pioneer is not downsizing the Elite receiver line like they did the DVD players. They all look the same now, you have look close to tell which model is which. hey Platinum your 49 is only second to the new 59.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Thread Information