Forum Regular

Denon DVD a keeper?

While exiting the mall thru CC I noticed a clearance on a Denon DVD 757, (1930 twin?).
    Knowing Denon and their use of Burr-Brown and high quality video DAC's, I picked it up for less than half of retail. My thinking was to research it once home. It still sits unopen cuz not much info found (aside from specs). This wasn't on my list of DVD players to buy. So any user feedback or info would be great. Also I've heard that Faroudja is a great processor but maybe with some issues.
    Last edited by 2chAlex; 11-21-2007 at 05:00 PM.

That's a very good universal player. Faroudja chipset on the video side, BB 1738 on the audio. The 1738 is an excellent DAC as it decodes DSD (SACD) discretely whereas many lesser DAC's will do a PCM conversion, thereby degrading the sound. The Faroudja has a bit of an issue with macro blocking on some micro displays, but some fine tuning in the set-up alleviates most of the problem and again, it's only on some micro displays.

Retail is $369, so if you picked this up for less than a buck-eighty, you certainly shouldn't be disappointed by the performance you paid for.

Forum Regular
    Thanks Topspeed
    Felt pretty sure I found a bagain, sometimes one just needs abit of reasurance

Crank it up, dude! huh? hydroman's Avatar
    Let us know if there is 'noise gate' function on audio CDs that truncates the first notes of each track... I am experiencing that now with my Denon DVD...
    H/K AVR635 7.1
    Denon DVD900
    AE AEGIS III Mains
    ION USB Turntable w/ Shure M97XE
    15" Titanic III Sealed Enclosure Sub
    Dayton Rackmount 1000W :O
    Denon Surrounds
    Sony Bravia KDL40S2000

Thread Information