Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Forum Regular Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8

    Denon 3805, HK AVR 7300, or Yamaha RX-V2500 ??

    I'm considering these 3 receivers. I've read many reveiws and all have their +/-. In order to keep peace at home I've been forced to place all speakers (except Sub) in the ceiling. Therefore, I've recently purchased the B&W In-Ceiling Series for our new HT (3) CCM 817's , (2) CCM 80's, Def. Tech. Sub 100 (from prior system), and Panasonic 50PHD8UK. Ok, I'm intersted in the HK for the DCDi by Faroudja®, image processing which upconverts all inputs to high-resolution component video. I like the Yamaha for its ease of set-up and value. The Denon would be an up-grade from my current system, (AVR 1803/DVD 900) that will be placed in the Master Bedroom. So now you have the background what do you think??

  2. #2
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,597
    Quote Originally Posted by sacbratboy
    I'm considering these 3 receivers. I've read many reveiws and all have their +/-. In order to keep peace at home I've been forced to place all speakers (except Sub) in the ceiling. Therefore, I've recently purchased the B&W In-Ceiling Series for our new HT (3) CCM 817's , (2) CCM 80's, Def. Tech. Sub 100 (from prior system), and Panasonic 50PHD8UK. Ok, I'm intersted in the HK for the DCDi by Faroudja®, image processing which upconverts all inputs to high-resolution component video. I like the Yamaha for its ease of set-up and value. The Denon would be an up-grade from my current system, (AVR 1803/DVD 900) that will be placed in the Master Bedroom. So now you have the background what do you think??
    Decisions, decisions. Take your time and give them all a try. You may also consider saving up a little more $$ and looking at some units that support HDMI. Or not.


    Have fun shoppin

  3. #3
    Forum Regular Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8
    HDMI is not an option at this time. The equipment is in a closet and I have component cables ran to the display area. Therefore, it would require cut, patch, and paint to run HDMI, maybe 3 to 5 years during a future remodel.

  4. #4
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,597
    Quote Originally Posted by sacbratboy
    HDMI is not an option at this time. The equipment is in a closet and I have component cables ran to the display area. Therefore, it would require cut, patch, and paint to run HDMI, maybe 3 to 5 years during a future remodel.
    Here's a thread on another forum discussing the same question.

  5. #5
    Forum Regular Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8
    Thanks for the tip on that thread! Anybody else out there with an opinon on these? I'm looking to purchase soon and could some help, thank you in advance.

  6. #6
    Class of the clown GMichael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anywhere but here...
    Posts
    13,641
    Quote Originally Posted by sacbratboy
    Thanks for the tip on that thread! Anybody else out there with an opinon on these? I'm looking to purchase soon and could some help, thank you in advance.
    I listened to all three before I bought the Yamaha. All three sounded very similar. But my reasons for picking the Yammie may not be the same things you care about the most. All three are very good units. No matter which one you pick, it will make you very happy.
    Look them over. The yammie has the most bells and whistles for HT. The HK may have a slightly better sound for 2 channel. The Denon is in the middle in my oppinion. Go out and listen to them. Bring a favorite CD & DVD or two. Check out the remotes to see which one you like.

    And don't forget to enjoy yourself while you're at it. This is part of the fun.

    An-tis-a-pa-a-tion.......
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

  7. #7
    Forum Regular Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8
    Thanks for the recomendation on the Yamaha. What are your favorite features, and have you used the "Night Viewing Mode"? The problem I'm having is the only receiver I can demo at the local dealers is the Denon. That's why I'm hoping that some of you have had a chance to hear these units. If so, let me know what you think.

  8. #8
    Da Dragonball Kid L.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Posted in da cut
    Posts
    3,597
    Sacbratboy,

    I'll repeat what GM said. They're all good units and you should have no complaints with any of em. It's gonna come down to personal preference. I would be more worried with things such as price, warranty, remote, # of zones, in/outs, conversion and switching, basically which one has everything you need and some flexibility, before worrying about which one sounds better. The best one is gonna be the one you pick for yourself. Hey, if the cheapest of the three fits all your needs than save yourself some money.

  9. #9
    AR Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1
    Don't forget the Marantz SR7500 or if at all possible the SR8500. I looked around for 4 months and am very happy with my choice of the Marantz. I tried Denon, Yamaha, HK, Onkyo and even purchased an Integra 6.5 before settling on the Marantz. My reason - pure warm sounds and built very well. My dad has Marantz components from the early 1970's and they're still running strong. He has had a SR18 for about 5 years now and it is amazing. You can get the SR7500 for around $800 with a little bargaining and the Sr8500 for around $1100. Try accessories4less as they are authorized Marantz dealers.

    Don't shorthand yourself narrowing in on 3 average competitors. Although HK sound decent, the build quality is average at best - Circuit City's finest. Widen your search and you'll see. I'd take the Integra over most of the others too. For me it came down to the Integra and the Marantz. Just my 2 cents, but if I HAD to choose between the 3 you have presented it would be the Denon hands down. The 3805 is one of the best selling HT Receivers of all time and there are very few complaints. I've owned a Yammie and it sucked. Also don't forget to give the boys at Outlaw a chance. I just sold my 1050 and it was an awesome piece of equipment (I needed 7 channels).

    Good luck.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest AudioReview Articles

Hot Deals

Latest News

AudioReview on Facebook