• 06-17-2004, 06:11 PM
    ronning
    CRAP! Stolen items! I need a new system!
    So for those of you who read my previous post, i was looking for a dvd player, which I still am, however...
    Today people broke into my house and stole my equipment!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

They stole the DVD player (my roommate's), my SACD 5-disc changer, and my Sony receiver plus a bunch of dvd's and ps2 games. As with such a case, there's like a 1 in 10 chance that any of it will ever surface. And I don't have renter's insurance.. so I'm pretty much screwed.

So now I need a new receiver, and now I'm thinking a dvd/sacd combo player. I have no real preferences. Best bang for the buck at this point.

- dvd/sacd player $200 or less
    - receiver $400 or less

Today at best buy I saw this new Samsung HD player with DVI output (model DVD-HD841) which looks sweet. Any opinions on it??

Thanks!

-Olen

p.s. this is the equipment that was stolen if you see it on ebay:

Sony SCD-CE775 5-disc SACD changer
    Sony STR-DB830 Receiver
    KLH single disc DVD player (that's all i know about it)
    All black.
    I still have the remotes, boxes, and manuals. So if you see any of this being sold "as is" or without a remote or something then let me know please!!

THANKS!!
  • 06-17-2004, 10:10 PM
    dixi
    best buy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ronning
    So for those of you who read my previous post, i was looking for a dvd player, which I still am, however...
    Today people broke into my house and stole my equipment!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

They stole the DVD player (my roommate's), my SACD 5-disc changer, and my Sony receiver plus a bunch of dvd's and ps2 games. As with such a case, there's like a 1 in 10 chance that any of it will ever surface. And I don't have renter's insurance.. so I'm pretty much screwed.

So now I need a new receiver, and now I'm thinking a dvd/sacd combo player. I have no real preferences. Best bang for the buck at this point.

- dvd/sacd player $200 or less
    - receiver $400 or less

Today at best buy I saw this new Samsung HD player with DVI output (model DVD-HD841) which looks sweet. Any opinions on it??

Thanks!

-Olen

p.s. this is the equipment that was stolen if you see it on ebay:

Sony SCD-CE775 5-disc SACD changer
    Sony STR-DB830 Receiver
    KLH single disc DVD player (that's all i know about it)
    All black.
    I still have the remotes, boxes, and manuals. So if you see any of this being sold "as is" or without a remote or something then let me know please!!

THANKS!!

Hi,
    I thing the best buy you can do it for a person on budget,it's a pioneer 563 a(dvd audio&sacd $ 149) and for receiver I think you can choose beetwen a yamaha(199 and up) at Best Buy and denon(299 and up) at Good Guys.You have too listen both.If I put in your place I choose the best deal I can have,but a choose the receiver who are much powerfull,more wats.This is my personal opinions
    Dixi
  • 06-17-2004, 11:20 PM
    ronning
    P.S.
    I'll be connecting these to a set of 4 Infinity Delta 60's (6 ohm, 200watt peak) and a matching Infinity Delta center (6 ohm, 150watt peak).

Thanks
  • 06-18-2004, 12:09 AM
    Wireworm5
    My first stereo was stolen too 25 years ago, and another one about 8 years ago and I had no insurance in the first case and it was voided in the second case. If you are going to invest huge amounts of money in this hobby you have to have insurance. And you need to read your policy, just having a tenant can void the policy if the insurance company even suspects they may have taken it.
  • 06-19-2004, 09:42 AM
    ronning
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wireworm5
    My first stereo was stolen too 25 years ago, and another one about 8 years ago and I had no insurance in the first case and it was voided in the second case. If you are going to invest huge amounts of money in this hobby you have to have insurance. And you need to read your policy, just having a tenant can void the policy if the insurance company even suspects they may have taken it.

Thanks wireworm. In this case, I"m actually the renter. I've looked into renters insurance, but I don't have insanely expensive equipment, so I'm not sure it's worth the premiums and the hassle.

Thanks,

Olen