Deathcore for life Freewillisdead112's Avatar

comments on current oppo dvd player

i was thinking about getting this to replace my sony POS dvd player

I download music to evaluate it before i buy the real cd and this would be lots of help with flashdrive transport.

I already read that the drive is floopy, but for a buck fifty, i dont expect it to last forever!

anyone got one and wanna share what they think?

thanks guys!

Charm Thai™
    I bought my sister the DV-980H about a year ago and she's had no problems with it at all. She'd picked up a new 42" plasma so I wanted to get a dvd player that would do the tv some justice. She's got absolutely no interest in audio/video but she really likes the player because it's easy to use, plays all her discs and the USB port is cool.

I checked it out myself and was impressed. The video is pretty good and it functions well as her main cd player too. The build quality looks a bit better than the average over the shelf dvd player and I know she beats the **** out of anything that's electronic so I'm glad to see that the Oppo is still kicking. For 150.00 I don't think you can beat it.

Deathcore for life Freewillisdead112's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shodulik
    I bought my sister the DV-980H about a year ago and she's had no problems with it at all. She'd picked up a new 42" plasma so I wanted to get a dvd player that would do the tv some justice. She's got absolutely no interest in audio/video but she really likes the player because it's easy to use, plays all her discs and the USB port is cool.

I checked it out myself and was impressed. The video is pretty good and it functions well as her main cd player too. The build quality looks a bit better than the average over the shelf dvd player and I know she beats the **** out of anything that's electronic so I'm glad to see that the Oppo is still kicking. For 150.00 I don't think you can beat it.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Freewillisdead112
    thanks!

Don't own one, but keep reading great things about Oppo. Also, if you ever in the market for a blu-ray, apparently you can't go wrong with an Oppo.
    It's a disease, really.
    -----------------------------------
    Sony
    CDP-X77ES, CDP-X55ES, TA-N90ES, TA-E90ES, 333ESXII
    Denon
    AVP-A1HDCI, POA-A1HDCI, DVD-5910CI, DVD-2500BTCI
    Oppo
    BDP-83
    Sennheiser
    HD800
    Definitive Technology
    BP2000TL, C/L/R 3000, BPX, BP1X