AR Newbie Registered Member

Comcast HD DVR - Problem with Audio via Digital Cox

Hey, I recently bought a Samsung LCD HDTV and got a HD DVR Box from Comcast. The tv actually came with a home theater system and I wanted to setup TV audio by using a digital coax cable from the Cable DVR Box to the DVD player (which basically manages all the audio through the speakers). The problem is, I can't get it to work. Is there some setting from comcast that I might be missing? Interestingly enough, when I try running regular red and white audio cables from the box to the DVD player it works.

I'm using a Phillips Home theater system and it works with the red and whites on its "TV" audio setting. I've messed around with other settings with the coax but no luck.

All of the Comcast's STB audio outputs should be active. I don't see any menu item that applies. Is it possible that you've missed the Philips HTB or DVD menu setting that activates digital audio? The receiver section may simply default to analog unless changed. Or the TV audio setting may not even have a digital option if it's intended for a typical TV's analog outputs. I may be misunderstanding, but can you switch to a non-TV audio setting? Or do you have to match video input with audio input in some way that you're missing? In other words, if the video from the Comcast goes into input 1, do you have to make sure that the digital audio is associated with that input? Or if the video is going straight to the Samsung, could you still be switched to the wrong input on the Philips? Sorry if these steps are irrelevant.

You know, the coax digital output doesn't work on my Comcast HD box either. The optical out works..

I don't believe there are any menu options for activating it in Comcast's controls. Probably a firmware issue.

Thread Information