AR Newbie Registered Member

Deciding between Onkyo TX-SR604 and Pioneer VSX-1016TXV

Hi guys. I'm putting together a modest HT (or trying my best to) and am trying to choose a good receiver for under $500.

The room is 12x16, 50 Panasonic plasma tv (wall mounted) and the Orb Mod2 for sound (wanted the SVS system but the WAF pressure prevailed on this account). It will be 80/20 movie/music. I figured I'd get something with HDMI switching though it isn't a crucial feature.

It seems that there has not been much in the way of discussion over these two items (new?). If there is something else that would come highly recommended, I'm all ears.

Thanks for any input!

Denon AVR-2307CI might be $100 over budget, but is well worth considering. This will be released in September:

http://www.audioholics.com/news/edit...wreceivers.php

Forum Regular
    i trust onkyo & yamaha.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tuf_
    Hi guys. I'm putting together a modest HT (or trying my best to) and am trying to choose a good receiver for under $500.

The room is 12x16, 50 Panasonic plasma tv (wall mounted) and the Orb Mod2 for sound (wanted the SVS system but the WAF pressure prevailed on this account). It will be 80/20 movie/music. I figured I'd get something with HDMI switching though it isn't a crucial feature.

It seems that there has not been much in the way of discussion over these two items (new?). If there is something else that would come highly recommended, I'm all ears.

Thanks for any input!
    I have the Pioneer vsx-1016txv and I'm very happy with it. The setup, for folks like me that has minimal/average experience, is not intimidating. IMHO....the sound is great!! There are "authorized internet dealers" out there that will sell you this reciever for the price you are willing to pay and would include shipping. There are other "on line" options as well that should meet your financial criteria. Have fun!!

Dave

Thread Information