Forum Regular

In Ceiling Speaker Question

Does anyone have any experience with regard to using in ceiling speakers for all 5 of the 5.1 speakers. I was wondering how compromised the sound might be, especially the centre channel.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alan.meier
    Does anyone have any experience with regard to using in ceiling speakers for all 5 of the 5.1 speakers. I was wondering how compromised the sound might be, especially the centre channel.

Don't have such experience but I just cannot even imagine why it would be acceptable. You will be aware of speaker location. It ain't fun hearing it from the ceiling.
    Don't do it.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I just wanted to know how bad it was. I have found a more acceptable solution now. It is for the bedroom. I will be using Gallo Adiva speakers mounted into the wall. This should give a respectable performance and allow me to mount the center channel just above the plasma screen.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alan.meier
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I just wanted to know how bad it was. I have found a more acceptable solution now. It is for the bedroom. I will be using Gallo Adiva speakers mounted into the wall. This should give a respectable performance and allow me to mount the center channel just above the plasma screen.

Much better solution. But why not just get speakers designed for in-2all service. Gallo is not designed for that.
    mtrycrafts

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    Much better solution. But why not just get speakers designed for in-2all service. Gallo is not designed for that.
    They are just releasing a mounting kit for in wall or in ceiling for the Adiva and Nucleus range. It is a much smaller footprint and allows you to point the speaker to the preferred listening area. I looked at the more normal in wall speakers and thought that they would not blend in as well as using the Adiva. My judgement was based more on asthetics than sound due to a rather forceful wife. If I was going for pure music I would have got the B&W signature range.

I also have a dedicated theater room. Meridian 861 Processor and DVD Player, Meridian 5500 speakers, Rel Stadium Subs, THX Stewart screen with the Center speaker behind the actual screen. This is where I listen to music and play movies, when I am allowed to by the aforementoned wife.

Thread Information