Forum Regular

Can only use 2CH get tops and clicks from speakers when using multi-channel, Any idea

I just set up my system:
    Sony STR-DA3000 Digital receiver
    paradigm CC350 CENTER speaker
    paradigm 40'S front
    paradigm 10 sUB
    paradigm atoms rears

Toshiba DVD
    nad CD player
    nak tape deck

I can't get the amp to go in to multiply channel, digital, dts, hell the only sound I'm getting is from two channel. However, when I put a DVD in during the intro before you press play and you have the elevator music it goes into the digital for a few seconds then when you press play for the movie the sound distorts and sub pounds which sounds like a constant thunderstorm the rears scratching and popping and clicking.

At this point I think I'm going to bring the amp back and have it bench tested however due to my limited hand dexterity this is a big deal so I would like to get this problem resolved without having to have someone disconnect everything and screws something else up.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions hell guesses I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks for reading this,

First of all, how are you connecting the digital output of the DVD player to the reciever?

Forum Regular

digital input dvd

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    First of all, how are you connecting the digital output of the DVD player to the reciever?
    it is connected to sony a/v reciver DVD COAIXIAL IN, as told by manual.

Next check that the DVD input is mapped to that coaxial digital input, and make sure it's set to auto detect the signal.

Also, make sure you're actually sending a 5.1 signal from your DVD player. Go to through the menu settings and verify that you are choosing the 5.1 track.

Forum Regular

Thumbs up 5.1 set up

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    Next check that the DVD input is mapped to that coaxial digital input, and make sure it's set to auto detect the signal.

Also, make sure you're actually sending a 5.1 signal from your DVD player. Go to through the menu settings and verify that you are choosing the 5.1 track.

Yes, it is set up that way. I am going to return the receiver, since it is a 30 day return no questions asked, Tweeters, get a new one, and see if I get the same problem.
    They want me to get a technician to set it but this way seems more expeditious.
    Thanks your help is much appreciated.

Thread Information