Forum Regular

Can I clone a decrypted DVD+R with Nero?

I've had no problem other than time making a great decrypted DVD+R from the original commercial DVD (utilizing DVD Shrink) but I have not been sucessful at making a clone of
    the decrypted DVD+R onto another DVD+R. Hopefully this makes sense to you. Thus I'm not using the original commercial DVD as my source but a DVD+R copy I just burned.
    When I tried burning a clone from my "clone" using Nero Express everything was burning for a while til midway through or so, I got an error message and everything came to an end.

Is there different software I need to make an decrypted DVD+R to a clone? Is it available free and from where or does anyone have any other ideas? Any help will be appreciated.
    Again I have no problem making a first rate DVD+R clone from my commercial DVD but I can't clone the clone!

No, Nero should work fine. Make sure you're not copying 'on the fly'. Make an image first, then burn the image.

Forum Regular

Help N. Abstentia on Making Image

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    No, Nero should work fine. Make sure you're not copying 'on the fly'. Make an image first, then burn the image.
    If you don't mind, can you tell me how to make the image first on Nero as the only way I know to burn is "on the fly" which is causing screwups when I make decrypted clones of clones, thanks.

Basically, uncheck the 'copy on the fly' box when you do the copy. It will burn an image, then burn from that image.

Forum Regular

N. Abstentia Please clarify this

I'm about to try your suggestion of not copying on the fly and making an image file and then burn to dvd+R but that is going to double my total time right, not that I have much of a choice?

Quote Originally Posted by N. Abstentia
    Basically, uncheck the 'copy on the fly' box when you do the copy. It will burn an image, then burn from that image.

No it shouldn't take nearly as long to read the DVD as will to write it, especially if you have a 16x DVD drive.

Thread Information