AR Newbie Registered Member

big screen projection kit

Has anyone ever heard of these "big screen projection kits?" I was browsing on Ebay and came across them. They claim to turn any normal television from about 13-27 inches into a big screen that is about 150 inches by sending the customer a special lense and instructions to make a box which the existing television sits in. This obviously sounds like a scam, seeing as how the price is only $20 including shipping. The setup makes sense, but as for quality it doesn't seem like it would be that great. I'm thinking of buying one just out of pure curiousity. Just thought I would see if anyone has heard about them and what they think of the whole deal.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyder77
    Has anyone ever heard of these "big screen projection kits?" I was browsing on Ebay and came across them. They claim to turn any normal television from about 13-27 inches into a big screen that is about 150 inches by sending the customer a special lense and instructions to make a box which the existing television sits in. This obviously sounds like a scam, seeing as how the price is only $20 including shipping. The setup makes sense, but as for quality it doesn't seem like it would be that great. I'm thinking of buying one just out of pure curiousity. Just thought I would see if anyone has heard about them and what they think of the whole deal.
    Yes, it IS a scam that's been going on for years. My best advice? Save your $20 ... save your time and money you'd have to spend to build the box ... save your sanity! This is no more a viable "big screen TV" than a kazoo is a musical instrument.

... and dat's da troot.
    woodman

I plan to live forever ..... so far, so good!
    Steven Wright

Thread Information