AR Newbie Registered Member

Best Sub under $300

Hey everybody, glad to be part of the forum. I just bought some new speakers for my home theater and now I've got the itch to get a new sub. My speakers are Mission (from the UK, some of you may be familiar with them) anyways, they are very nice sound quality speakers but don't have the bass I'd like. My current sub is a sony wm-40 which is a decent starter sub but doesn't have much impact when watching dvd's/hdtv. What I'm looking for is the best sub (new or used) for $300 or under, ebay is acceptable. If anyone has any good ideas let me know, or if you think I'm better off with what I have feel free to say so. Tthanks alot!

Josh

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Welcome

If you like your Sony there are several in your price range. BB or CC has one on line 85 watt 50-200 range for only about $80. Also look at Athena-Yamaha (models escape me but they can be found at Best Buy) and HSU-STF-1.

When upgrading you don't want to waste money on a lateral move. So, perhaps you should save your money, until you can budget about $500+ where you'd get real improvement on a sub for your money. Not sure dropping $300 would give you relative improvement for that price point. Just a consideration.

Forum Regular
    Hi, You can go for JBL Nortridge Series E250P (250 watts RMS, 12" woofer) around $220 or $240 brand new.
    or you can got too for an Infinity Beta Series CSW-10 (look for an used, new it's almost 500)

Very good perfomance for their job (and lower price)

Check those options on ww.ebay.com

Thread Information