Forum Regular

Best DLP out there?

I'm leaning hard towards the Mitsubishi 52" DLP. I believe it has more features than the other similar cost DLPS's. I also feel the picture is better. Feedback?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hemifever
    I'm leaning hard towards the Mitsubishi 52" DLP. I believe it has more features than the other similar cost DLPS's. I also feel the picture is better. Feedback?
    which features are important to you?

Forum Regular
    The features I prefer are digital audio (coax or fiber). Good brightness characteristics. As little fading going from side to side, up and down, as possible. I would like something that auto sensed 4:3 to 16:9 formats. Cable card slots aren't that important, but nice to have. I have seen that LG has a brightness problem, but not sure if their latest and greatest model experiences that.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hemifever
    The features I prefer are digital audio (coax or fiber). Good brightness characteristics. As little fading going from side to side, up and down, as possible. I would like something that auto sensed 4:3 to 16:9 formats. Cable card slots aren't that important, but nice to have. I have seen that LG has a brightness problem, but not sure if their latest and greatest model experiences that.
    I don't sell Mits but after a quick web search looks like it has all the goodies however, if good brightness and off-axis viewing are crictical, might i suggest the JVC HD-ILA television. It's a reflective technology like DLP and a advance form of LCOS with a much brighter image than any other mircodisplay. All the features you've listed are available on model # HD-52Z795.

Forum Regular
    Thanks, I'll take a look at that model to see what its got.

Forum Regular
    I saw "Runco" on the High End 2004. It blew my mind !! Also the big Marantz is nice too. It did cost 33000. Add that to your short list too
    Maggie 3.6R to be replaced with new Apogee Scintillas 1ohm !! :-) 20Hz flat to Ultrasonic at 110db at 4m
    System1: Magnepan MG3.6R/SE,Jolida JD3000b, Krell KSA-150, Audio Analouge Paganini MKII, Audioquest Slate and NRG-2
    System2:
    VMPS RM30M, Rega Planet 2000MKII, Pathos Acoustics Classic One, Rega Planar 2 with Super BIAS, Rega Phono Stage
    System3: Magnepan MG.5QR/SE, Cambridge Audio C500/P500, Philips CD985 connected to Leasegang projector
    Contact me...f.wiegand@t-online.de

Thread Information