Hashpot

Post A question on replacing a lamp unit for my rearprojection TV

My Hitachi rearprojection lcd model # 50V720 needs a new lamp , after alot of hours of use, ive been lookin around online for the lamp and aparently there selling the bulb and the box seperately the box(lamp)has the bulb and thers a cable that conects to the bulb to the tv. The bulb itself is cheaper and the box is more. I dont know if I should buy the bulb itself because it could be the cables too, I wouldnt think so but i guess it could be possible after alot of hours of use I imagine the cables could overheat or something, I would like to know as soon as possible so I could order the lamp or the bulb i would only like to buy the bulb itself because its so much cheaper. Btw the lamp model number is UX21517

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hashpot
    My Hitachi rearprojection lcd model # 50V720 needs a new lamp , after alot of hours of use, ive been lookin around online for the lamp and aparently there selling the bulb and the box seperately the box(lamp)has the bulb and thers a cable that conects to the bulb to the tv. The bulb itself is cheaper and the box is more. I dont know if I should buy the bulb itself because it could be the cables too, I wouldnt think so but i guess it could be possible after alot of hours of use I imagine the cables could overheat or something, I would like to know as soon as possible so I could order the lamp or the bulb i would only like to buy the bulb itself because its so much cheaper. Btw the lamp model number is UX21517
    You can get by with just the bulb, its normal to have to replace these every two years or so(depending on use) so I doubt there is anything else wrong.
    But if I could afford it I would get the whole assembly, as these get a lot of heat,
    and that would lessen the chance of something failing, but the bulb is probably all you really need
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Hashpot

Smile

Thanks for your advice I think I'll just buy the bulb then because its shattered, the unit looks fine though

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Hashpot
    Thanks for your advice I think I'll just buy the bulb then because its shattered, the unit looks fine though
    Be very carefull, you might even want a pro to do the job.
    These bulbs contain mercury and are very toxic, if one is broken there is a real chance of injury.
    I'm not kidding, I downloaded an instruction manuel on an RCA 55in set I WAS CONSIDSERING and on the part about changing the bulb it actually said death was possible. Do you know how real the threat is if they say that?
    They wouldnt if they could get away with it.
    Please be very carefull
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Thread Information