Forum Regular

Best Buy tv comment

I was at best buy sat night and i noticed they only had one HD,RPTV in the whole store,every thing else was thin screen stuff or DPL or LCD i wander why this is ,im sure they make more money on the thin ones but still you would think they would keep more rptv around for people who dont want to spend alot of money, i hope the rptv are not on the way out already i would like to have one some day , maybe this means the price on rptv will really start comeing down.

Forum Regular

Go to Circuit City Dude

I could be wrong here but I imagine if your locale has a Best Buy they also have a Circuit City. You can find plenty of the HD Tv's you're looking for there. If push comes to shove you can always order online from Circuit City or best Buy. For what its worth, the people who work at Best Buy are for the most part morons in regards to giving you any technical help and advice. Circuit City is a little better only because they have less staff.

Quote Originally Posted by s dog
    I was at best buy sat night and i noticed they only had one HD,RPTV in the whole store,every thing else was thin screen stuff or DPL or LCD i wander why this is ,im sure they make more money on the thin ones but still you would think they would keep more rptv around for people who dont want to spend alot of money, i hope the rptv are not on the way out already i would like to have one some day , maybe this means the price on rptv will really start comeing down.

Forum Regular
    If you read any a/v magazines like Perfect Vision or Ultimate A/V, whenever a manufacturer shows their new product line each year, the mags have a pretty extensive summary of what's coming out. All the biggies, Panasonic, Mits, Sony, Hitachi, Pioneer, etc are introducing just a couple of crt RPTV models any more. All the attention is going to digital displays like LCOS, DLP, LCD, Plasma, the upcoming organic displays...and away from analog CRT's. One day, not to far away, they'll pretty much all be gone...so you'll have to jump on the digital display bandwagon at some point.

Forum Regular

I should add & I think Rob1956 will agree

I should add & I think Rob1956 will agree, do not buy any HD (ready) TV without seeing it first and make sure you're seeing it from an actual HD Broadcast. Some of the morons in these chain stores, this is why I call them morons, have alot of the non Plasma, noon LCD
    HDTV's, showing a non HD picture even if it's from an HD channel (in other words the HD receiving device isn't connected). You are best off, once you have an idea from your research what TV & model you want, to check it out, which doesn't mean buy, at a high end store. The High End stores, at least in LA, have all their HD TV's displaying the same HD channel via an HD receiver so you're seeing true HD. Then see which store offers it at the lowest price and buy from there. Just remember, an HD Ready TV if you're going through cable TV & I think but am not positive on this, Dish TV, does not need to have a built in HD receiver/tuner or what have you, the cable company supplies you with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1956
    If you read any a/v magazines like Perfect Vision or Ultimate A/V, whenever a manufacturer shows their new product line each year, the mags have a pretty extensive summary of what's coming out. All the biggies, Panasonic, Mits, Sony, Hitachi, Pioneer, etc are introducing just a couple of crt RPTV models any more. All the attention is going to digital displays like LCOS, DLP, LCD, Plasma, the upcoming organic displays...and away from analog CRT's. One day, not to far away, they'll pretty much all be gone...so you'll have to jump on the digital display bandwagon at some point.

Thread Information