Forum Regular

Bass management with RX-V2600????

Guys, just have a concern with my new 2600. I'm wondering if my main speakers are getting full range signal, i have them set to large and the bass out set to both and crossover set to 60Hz. It seems that they are not working very hard playing bass heavy music, they are very bass capable (as reviews indicate) and i want them to play full range. So i guess my question is with the above mentioned settings will my mains receive a full range signal or not, or will they just receive the freq. above what my Xover is set to on the receiver?? I thought that setting size to large automatically ment they would get full signal but not sure. Oh forgot to mention that i am powering my mains with two nad amps (C372 & C272 wired in BI-amp configuration) from my 2600 main pre outs so power should be ok. Thanks.
    Nad C372
    Nad C272
    Yamaha RXV596
    PSB Stratus Goldi
    B&W ASW 675 Sub
    Sony CDC 2000ES

So long as you have the mains set to LARGE and the bass output set to BOTH, then the subwoofer output will get the bass range below 60 Hz and augment the speakers, which should get the full range. The quickest way to check this is to simply turn off the subwoofer, and run a low frequency test tone (about 40 Hz) through the mains using both the LARGE and SMALL settings. When the mains are set to SMALL, then the test tone should run at a much lower level than when set to LARGE.

Another culprit with low frequencies is the speaker placement. If you have the speakers along the middle of the wall, that location is typically creates the least amount of bass reinforcement. You might want to try a different placement and see if that improves the bass.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

You should have a LFE setting. This can be set anywhere from 0 to -10, 0 being full effect. And another thing on mine is a dynamic range setting. I have mine set to normal. I assume also that you have a bass extension button and this is set in the on position. Also on mine, I don't know if this applies to the 2600, in the speaker setting you might have your mains set to -10 db instead of normal.

Another thing that I didn't mention since I am not familiar with the 2600 is speaker levels. On the 2200 you have to set the speaker level for each soundfield which is accessed through the parameter switch and then uses the level button on remote. Being that you have YPAO I was assuming that this sets the levels for you, maybe not, dunno.

Thread Information