Forum Regular

Bass Management for Analog Inputs

I currently have a DVD player that plays DVD Audio disks and sends the output through the Analog outputs. I plan to upgrade to Blu Ray with support for DVD Audio and SACD. I will also be replacing my AV Receiver. The question I have is do most modern AV Receivers support Bass Management for the analog inputs? My current receiver doesn't, and as a result, I had to purchase a Outlaw Audio ICBM to support my DVD Audio disks. I have been looking at a couple of Onkyo receivers and sent a message to them via their web site, but I haven't received a response and their web site has been unavailable for a couple of days now.

Thanks. Brad.

I don't think your gonna find a BR player that supports what your looking for. Only BR player that I supports SACD, that I know of, is the 80g PS3. It doesn't have MC analog output either. HDMI only. I don't think any BR players support DVD-A.

Forum Regular
    If I can't find a Blu-Ray player that supports DVD-Audio, then I will keep my current DVD player, so, the question is still pertinent. I have looked at system specs and user guides for various high end AV receivers ($1,000 range), and cannot find any information that will tell me if setting speaker size or cross-over frequencies will function for analog inputs. I have a "nice" Sherwood receiver that won't do this, but it is over 10 years old.

If anyone could help, I would very much appreciate it.

Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrad
    I currently have a DVD player that plays DVD Audio disks and sends the output through the Analog outputs. I plan to upgrade to Blu Ray with support for DVD Audio and SACD. I will also be replacing my AV Receiver. The question I have is do most modern AV Receivers support Bass Management for the analog inputs? My current receiver doesn't, and as a result, I had to purchase a Outlaw Audio ICBM to support my DVD Audio disks. I have been looking at a couple of Onkyo receivers and sent a message to them via their web site, but I haven't received a response and their web site has been unavailable for a couple of days now.

Thanks. Brad.
    Every reciever I know of cuts off the bass management in the 7.1 analog inputs. No processing what soever. Processing is done by the source.

frenchmon

Both my Fosgate Audionics FAP T1 and FAP T1+ have analog bass management. Unfortunately, Rockford Fosgate is out of the pre/pro business, and these units are only available on the used market. They do not have HDMI and never will.

Nonetheless, I still use one in my multichannel, music only, surround system just because I can do bass management for SACD and DVD-A.
    I like sulung tang.

Cool

Outlaw audio(outlaw audio.com) has something called an "icbm",
    and no its not for taking out countries that get pissy, its a standalone device that will manage your base, and fix this problem that DVD audio was created with
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Outlaw audio(outlaw audio.com) has something called an "icbm",
    and no its not for taking out countries that get pissy, its a standalone device that will manage your base, and fix this problem that DVD audio was created with
    Dude, go back and read the first post again

Suspended
    And try spelling Bass properly.

Thread Information