AR Newbie Registered Member

AV reciever to match B&W speakers

I have a pair of b&w 603 speakers that are being used along with old JVC- 2 channel reciever. I now plan to upgrade to HT and looking for AV reciever in 800-1000 usd price range. Some of the brands available in india are marantz, yamaha, onkyo and denon. Any suggestions on the choice of av reciever are welcome..

Personally I would go with the Marantz SR5001, or the denon 2807 or the Denon 2307CI I have had great experiences with Denon recievers in the past and would totally recomend them to any one. I have heard good things about Marantz but I have had no personal experience with them at all.
    that makes as much sense as a drunken mongoose playing the piano

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    I have had great experiences with Denon recievers in the past and would totally recomend them to any one. I have heard good things about Marantz but I have had no personal experience with them at all.
    Aren't Denon and Marantz either mutually owned, or at least strongly affiliated? Here in Canada when you call Marantz you get Denon and Marantz of Canada. It's obviously the same for calling Denon. If they are the same you can probably expect from one what you get from the other. I love both companies. Honestly for that price range I have no idea? Why choose one receiver over another (see my thread)? I've heard 600 series B&W's powered by a sexy looking Citation receiver. Sounded brilliant. I think HK has dissolved that line of receivers now though.

Forum Regular
    Marantz would get my vote.Even better yet a rotel if it's available to you.I have the 603s3's with a rotel rsx1056 and they are a great match.But marantz is a good option as well.

I'd go for Marantz or Onkyo (or Rotel, if available). Marantz and Denon are owned by the same parent company, Marantz being the 'audiophile' higher quality line. I've had/seen too many problems with Denon to give them a recommendation.

Thread Information