Forum Regular

Question Anyone use an H/K 225 out there??

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has an HK 225 out there, would like to talk to you about calibrating using the SPL button on the remote,,
    Thanks
    Dale M

I have the AVR-320. What would you like to know?

Forum Regular
    Hi, Id just like to learn how it works,, I dont see anything happening,, I can do the test tone thing with the on screen display and nothing happens, the Dbs dont change,, not sure if it is doing anything , does it work with anything your listening too?
    Thanks
    Dale M

Before I got my SPL meter this is how I done it. I selected DVD with no DVD playing. I then set my volume to -10 because -15 seemed to low. I then sat down at my listening position with the remote in hand. I then pressed the SPL button on the remote until it stops blinking. Then within 5 seconds press the numeric key 5 or 7 (5 for 5.1 or 7 for 7.1). At this point EZ-Set will take over. You should hear the test tone through your speakers and if you have your TV on you can see it cycling through each speaker adjusting as necessary. It may cycle through more than once. When it finds the right level you will see the color of one of the buttons turn green. Once its done the test tone will stop and the SPL button will flash green twice. You may find that you have to do this a couple of times if it seems like it set the speakers wrong. This feature does work pretty well. After getting my SPL meter from Radio Shack and using it, the receiver was only off by a db or so. So it really does work.

Thread Information