Suspended

Anyone know if this exists?

I'm looking for a 26" or less with a cable card slot. Many larger TV's have them but I can't find a smaller one. To me it would make sense in a small TV because your more likely to have a cable or DVR box on your main set and skimp by using the card on a bedroom set. When using a cable card you cannot do any interactive functions like Pay Per View or even an on screen program guide. So I'd think on most peoples main set they would want more options and control. But if anyone knows of a smaller screen TV with the cable card slot please let me know.

Hi Mr. P,

I believe that the original mandate for the cable card involved TVs 36" and larger. I wouldn't be surprised to see the majors start including them voluntarily on their smaller, more glamorous sets, though the cable companies certainly won't encourage it. The wicket will become sticky enough when cable cards become truly interactive, threatening the revenue that cable companies receive from those who want VOD etc. from a dedicated STB. Pricing of cable cards is already generating controversy without interactive capability.

Ed

Suspended
    I'm paying $1.50 a month for the cable card on one TV. They charge me $10.00 for the DVR box and the rights to record, plus receive some HD channels. I think it's $5.00 for a basic cable box. I wonder if they will come out with a card that's interactive? Charter, who I have and I think is owned now by AT&T acts like they are ran by the 3 stooges. If satelite would get their act together I'd go back to Dish in a heartbeat. As it is now I can't afford to switch, cable is providing the best value, even though it's been well over 90 days and they still can't tell me why my DVR box won't output a digital audio signal. I've never dealt with a more stupid company in my life.

Thread Information