• 07-05-2005, 07:30 AM
    AaronG
    Any Denon 1082 owners around?
    I am thinking of buying a Denon 1082 and wanted to kindly ask for some feedback from any owners/users of this receiver. What were some of the pros and cons that stuck out? Any specific flaws or "defects" with the 1082? Did it have enough functionality for your HT needs? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I attempted to do a search on it, but the search function keeps farting out.
  • 07-06-2005, 08:40 PM
    Breezer88888
    Hi Aaron,
    I have Denon's 1082, which is a twin to their 3802. I bought 3 years ago for $540. If you look it up on Denon USA's website, where they archive past owner's manuals, the manual for the 1082 will show the 3802. Their archived manuals can also be a pretty good source if you are researching their older receivers.

Also, this website has many well written reviews on the 3802. All in all, a great receiver!! I use in a 7.1 set-up in a large room (17x30). Sound quality and power is excellent with plenty reserves. I'm a little surprised that you can still find one. Putting aside my bias for this receiver for a moment, you must realize that this receiver does not have HDMI. It has only recently become important to me b/c of the whole HD craze.

Good luck.