• 06-16-2011, 01:35 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    [QUOTE=Woochifer;362438]How's it nonsense if it's TRUE? Are you saying that Vizio makes their own TVs (they don't) or that that they handle their own customer service (they don't) or that they do their own R&D (they don't)?

    I AM SAYING that nobody cares (they don't)


    Quote:

    It matters in that Vizio cannot maintain their pricing advantage once the margins get as razor thin as they currently are. That's why they're moving to the midmarket, because they can no longer trump Samsung, LG, Sony, or Panasonic's entry level models on price.
    THEY ARE MOVIN ON UP for the same reason that a lot do...
    SUCCESS. You might hate it, but I don't think they asked you,
    but having built market share, its time to cash in some.
    THE American way

    Quote:

    How is it "hating" by pointing out the reality of their business plan? Fanboys like you just keep attacking the messenger without addressing anything (or even reading the whole post for that matter).
    Not a "fanboy", just admiring a well run company.
    AND YOU HAVENT "noticed" the REAL REALITY of their
    "business plan", mainly that IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM.
    Argue with success all you want, people will either think you
    are delusional or stupid.
    VIZIO is number one, and that is ONE thing you can't argue with.
    Don't like it? BUY A "botique" overpriced set with a fractional improvement, and pay through the nose for it.
    ITS CALLED capitalism, although you liberaltards have no understanding of it whatsoever.:1:
  • 06-16-2011, 02:30 PM
    frenchmon
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    Sorry Frenchmon, but your eyes are very poor measuring devices, and opinions are just what they are. When measured with actual measuring devices, almost all Vizio models exhibit mediocre color accuracy, mediocre dynamic contrast, mediocre to poor black levels, and generally poor shadow detail.

    I can say(in a vacuum) that the Delos Dolby Digital version of the 1812 Overture sounds great. However, when I compared that Dolby Digital version to the DTS High Resolution Master Audio version, that is when I realize how much the compression of Dolby Digital is effecting the quality of the audio. The same can be said for any Vizio. They look good standing all by themselves, but when put up to a Samsung, Sony of Panasonic, that is when you see how truly mediocre their performance is. Now that they are no longer a bargain, why bother with a second(bordering on third) tier set, when you can purchase the middle of the line model from the first tier manufacturers that will outperform it.

    No offense Frenchmon, but a little reality is in order here. Budweiser will never be Dom Pérignon.

    LOL...Terrence. No offence taken. Last time I had my eyes checked...they where fine.

    When I had my Canton stand mounts speakers next to Dynaudio stand mounts speakers...the Canton out performed the Dynaudio in every way except the bass. The Cantons where producing sounds and detail, and dispersing music all over the place that Dynaudio could not fathom.

    But as much as you try with my TV...I aint buying what you are selling...nice try tho. No offence Terrence, but that Budweiser goes down the same way as that Dom Pérignon with the same effect....while letting me keep a little more cash in my pocket....im sure there was no offence taken, huh Terrence?
  • 06-16-2011, 02:33 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    I AM SAYING that nobody cares (they don't)

    In other words, every point I made was TRUE and not the "nonsense" that you claimed it was. And BTW, there are people out there that do care about these issues, that's why they don't buy Vizios.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    THEY ARE MOVIN ON UP for the same reason that a lot do...
    SUCCESS. You might hate it, but I don't think they asked you,
    but having built market share, its time to cash in some.
    THE American way

    Quite the contrary, they are moving up market because they HAVE TO. Right now, they are in a bad competitive position in the entry level because they can no longer maintain a price advantage over the first tier brands. If they stayed in their previous market niche, they will die on the vine because consumers are not going to choose Vizio over first tier brands if the prices are comparable.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Not a "fanboy", just admiring a well run company.

    In other words, you're a fanboy.
  • 06-17-2011, 11:53 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by frenchmon View Post
    LOL...Terrence. No offence taken. Last time I had my eyes checked...they where fine.

    No matter how good your eyes are, they cannot measure dynamic contrast, color accuracy, or black levels.

    Quote:

    When I had my Canton stand mounts speakers next to Dynaudio stand mounts speakers...the Canton out performed the Dynaudio in every way except the bass. The Cantons where producing sounds and detail, and dispersing music all over the place that Dynaudio could not fathom.
    This same comparison can be made by comparing your Vizio set to a comparably price Sony set. The Vizio does not have the black levels, the color accuracy, the dynamic contrast, or the shadow detail that the comparably price Sony has. The prices could be close, but the performance is not.

    Quote:

    But as much as you try with my TV...I aint buying what you are selling...nice try tho. No offence Terrence, but that Budweiser goes down the same way as that Dom Pérignon with the same effect....while letting me keep a little more cash in my pocket....im sure there was no offence taken, huh Terrence?
    This is a pretty common response when somebody buys something, but does not want to face the fact they bought it for the price, and not for the performance. Anyone that believes the Vizio televisions are performance products has their head in the sand, and is back stroking down de-nile. You can believe it in your head, but do not try and export that to more knowledgeable folks, it will make you look foolish.

    Personally, I would not present a toast with Budweiser, the effect just would not be the same.

    That cash you put back in your pocket did come with a price. That price was performance. Now if the cash matters more to you than the performance, then you met your goal. But if you thought you bought a performance product, and saved a few bucks, sadly, you are quite wrong on that.

    Every year I go to the Digital Testing center to look at the performance of 50+ television sets from various manufacturers. I see them broken down into pieces, and listen to the technicians tell me why one panel works better than another, or why some panel's performance are basically equal. When they explained to me why Vizio performs poorly when compared to similarly priced panels, it boils down to how it was designed and built. Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic's panels are designed from the ground up with parts and processors designed especially for those panels. The QC on those panels is very tight, and well controlled. That does not happen with Vizio sets. Vizio sets have panels sourced from Amtran, processors and internal parts from several other sources, and none of it designed to work together exclusively. This means panel to panel performance is uneven, and various performance parameters are not optimal as they are with a Sony, Samsung or Panasonic. One Vizio panel may have parts sourced from one supplier, and another within the same manufacturing run will have the parts from another. Vizio therefore can never accurately display the REC.709 specification for HDTV color accuracy because of this. Their black levels lean more to grey than actual black. The televisions backlight consistency is uneven over the face of the panel, they have the slowest panel response time among the second tier sets, and only better than a few third tier sets.

    Now if you are fully satisfied with your purchase, that is great, you should be. But trying to defend the set as being more than it is - is plain ridiculous. Eyes lie and fool, but measurements and testing do not. So whether you are buying what I am selling is pretty irrelevant, the truth is the truth no matter if you buy it or not.

    I was and am not offended, and I hope you are not either.
  • 06-18-2011, 01:58 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    [QUOTE=Woochifer;362507]In other words, every point I made was TRUE and not the "nonsense" that you claimed it was. And BTW, there are people out there that do care about these issues, that's why they don't buy Vizios.
    Good for them.
    HOW VIZIO builds their sets, etc, matters to fewer people than you think, especially since it matters not as far as quality is concerned.
    BASICALLY its all you could drum up to attack this company,
    you couldnt find anything that matters, like serious qualioty issues, etc, so you cite insignificant facts and try to blow them up like they matter... WHEN NOBODY CARES.
    NONE of your "issues" has kept VIZIO from becoming the number one panel maker, because , again...
    NOBODY CARES


    Quote:

    Quite the contrary, they are moving up market because they HAVE TO. Right now, they are in a bad competitive position in the entry level because they can no longer maintain a price advantage over the first tier brands. If they stayed in their previous market niche, they will die on the vine because consumers are not going to choose Vizio over first tier brands if the prices are comparable.
    But the quality isnt, which is probably what you hate about this company above all else, they have found out how to make a decent TV at a decent price, something your masters fail at.
    IN vizios world there is no room for a parasitical army of middlemen, sorry about that


    Quote:

    In other words, you're a fanboy.
    In other words what you say DOESNT MATTER.:1:
  • 06-18-2011, 07:47 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    Good for them.
    HOW VIZIO builds their sets, etc, matters to fewer people than you think, especially since it matters not as far as quality is concerned.

    And how do you know? Since when do you speak for everyone who shops for a TV?

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    BASICALLY its all you could drum up to attack this company,
    you couldnt find anything that matters, like serious qualioty issues, etc, so you cite insignificant facts and try to blow them up like they matter... WHEN NOBODY CARES.

    How's it an attack to state facts? Your assertions about "nobody" caring are patently false, given that millions of consumers don't buy Vizios for any number of reasons.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    NONE of your "issues" has kept VIZIO from becoming the number one panel maker, because , again...
    NOBODY CARES

    And of course, your reply speaks to your persistent ignorance of facts. Vizio is not the "number one panel maker" given that they don't make anything. They are merely a reseller and marketer for TVs made by somebody else.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    But the quality isnt, which is probably what you hate about this company above all else, they have found out how to make a decent TV at a decent price, something your masters fail at.

    It's only recently that their TV reliability has gotten to the industry average, and that's in large part due to the fact that their pricing is now also approaching the industry average.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    IN vizios world there is no room for a parasitical army of middlemen, sorry about that

    Do you even know what a middleman is? The very definition of one is the brand name stamped on your TV.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    In other words what you say DOESNT MATTER.:1:

    Only to you, because I prefer facts rather than paranoid jibberish. :out:
  • 06-20-2011, 03:43 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    And how do you know? Since when do you speak for everyone who shops for a TV?

    Since when do you?.
    THE WAY VIZIO "builds" TV sets is a lot more popular than
    you would admit to, as a matter of fact its rather common.
    TELL the truth, do you really think JOE SIX is looking
    at a set and wondering about the outsourcing, design philosophy, etc, or is he wondering about the best set for
    the best price? TELL THE TRUTH.

    Quote:

    How's it an attack to state facts? Your assertions about "nobody" caring are patently false, given that millions of consumers don't buy Vizios for any number of reasons.
    millions of people don't buy tomatoes, bacon, etc for any number of reasons.
    I CAN GUARENTEE that of all of the people shopping for a new panel...none were considering outsourcing practices, etc,
    when looking at one, any more than they care about where
    stuff is made, etc. THEY JUST WANT GOOD as cheap as possible

    Quote:

    And of course, your reply speaks to your persistent ignorance of facts. Vizio is not the "number one panel maker" given that they don't make anything. They are merely a reseller and marketer for TVs made by somebody else.
    MORE LAWYERESE, THERE IS A HUGE Mercedes BENZE
    factory just down the road from my house.
    I GUESS that they arent making any MERCEDES BENZES
    because most of the parts come from somewhere else.
    GIMMIE A BREAK.

    Quote:

    It's only recently that their TV reliability has gotten to the industry average, and that's in large part due to the fact that their pricing is now also approaching the industry average.
    Actually, no. THIS IS false logic, like assuming something is bad for you just because people doing it die at a higher rate.
    I HAVE TWO, they haven't failed, my brother has two, they haven't failed
    MATTER of fact I DON'T KNOW ANYBODY WHO HAS A vizio
    that has suffered a failure.



    Quote:

    Do you even know what a middleman is? The very definition of one is the brand name stamped on your TV.
    YES I DO, but obviously you don't.

    Only to you, because I prefer facts rather than paranoid jibberish. :[/QUOTE]

    YOU PREFER useless "facts" that have nothing to do with anything, this being because the MAIN facts are that VIZIO
    is more popular than any other brand, and have a decent price,
    and perform well.
    All of these facts matter, outsourcing(which all manufacturers do)
    and other considerations affect buyer decisions not at all.:1:
  • 06-20-2011, 06:04 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    Since when do you?.
    THE WAY VIZIO "builds" TV sets is a lot more popular than
    you would admit to, as a matter of fact its rather common.
    TELL the truth, do you really think JOE SIX is looking
    at a set and wondering about the outsourcing, design philosophy, etc, or is he wondering about the best set for
    the best price? TELL THE TRUTH.

    Try demanding "truth" from someone when you learn what "build" actually means. :out:

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    millions of people don't buy tomatoes, bacon, etc for any number of reasons.
    I CAN GUARENTEE that of all of the people shopping for a new panel...none were considering outsourcing practices, etc,
    when looking at one, any more than they care about where
    stuff is made, etc. THEY JUST WANT GOOD as cheap as possible

    Again, how do you know what "all of the people shopping for a new panel" are looking for? All those shopping trips to Sam's Club make you some all-knowing supreme being? :out:

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    MORE LAWYERESE,

    Nope, just more simple words that you don't understand.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    THERE IS A HUGE Mercedes BENZE
    factory just down the road from my house.
    I GUESS that they arent making any MERCEDES BENZES
    because most of the parts come from somewhere else.
    GIMMIE A BREAK.

    Try try try again, but you continue to fail. How disappointing that you can't even get your analogies straight. Like booze, you gotta stop mixing them together.

    Mercedes actually designs their own cars and makes most of the major components.

    Vizio does not design anything, and does not make anything. Need me to repeat that again, or are you just trolling? :out:

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Actually, no. THIS IS false logic, like assuming something is bad for you just because people doing it die at a higher rate.
    I HAVE TWO, they haven't failed, my brother has two, they haven't failed
    MATTER of fact I DON'T KNOW ANYBODY WHO HAS A vizio
    that has suffered a failure.

    Actually yes. It's only false logic to you because you don't get it.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    YES I DO, but obviously you don't.

    So, how is a company that does none of its own manufacturing, none of its own customer support, none of its own parts distribution, none of its own repair servicing, and none of its own product design, not functioning as the "middleman"? :rolleyes:

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    YOU PREFER useless "facts" that have nothing to do with anything, this being because the MAIN facts are that VIZIO
    is more popular than any other brand, and have a decent price,
    and perform well.
    All of these facts matter, outsourcing(which all manufacturers do)
    and other considerations affect buyer decisions not at all.:1:

    Again, I prefer facts. They're only useless to you because Vizio fanboys would rather ignore them.
  • 06-20-2011, 06:18 PM
    Smokey
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    Vizio does not design anything, and does not make anything. Need me to repeat that again, or are you just trolling? :out:

    Please do not repeat as it might not be true :)

    Although everything is outsourced, Vizio do design their own products......

    "As part of the business model, CEO Wang outsources several tasks to professional management companies. By hiring other companies to handle warehousing, shipping or manufacturing, VIZIO can focus on its core competencies — like designing flat-panel TVs — while leaving the other things to people who are specialized in that area. Although the company designs its products, the assembly is contracted to companies in China, Taiwan and Mexico."

    http://www.sbnonline.com/2008/05/the...rket/?paging=1
  • 06-21-2011, 02:09 AM
    frenchmon
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    No matter how good your eyes are, they cannot measure dynamic contrast, color accuracy, or black levels.



    This same comparison can be made by comparing your Vizio set to a comparably price Sony set. The Vizio does not have the black levels, the color accuracy, the dynamic contrast, or the shadow detail that the comparably price Sony has. The prices could be close, but the performance is not.



    This is a pretty common response when somebody buys something, but does not want to face the fact they bought it for the price, and not for the performance. Anyone that believes the Vizio televisions are performance products has their head in the sand, and is back stroking down de-nile. You can believe it in your head, but do not try and export that to more knowledgeable folks, it will make you look foolish.

    Personally, I would not present a toast with Budweiser, the effect just would not be the same.

    That cash you put back in your pocket did come with a price. That price was performance. Now if the cash matters more to you than the performance, then you met your goal. But if you thought you bought a performance product, and saved a few bucks, sadly, you are quite wrong on that.

    Every year I go to the Digital Testing center to look at the performance of 50+ television sets from various manufacturers. I see them broken down into pieces, and listen to the technicians tell me why one panel works better than another, or why some panel's performance are basically equal. When they explained to me why Vizio performs poorly when compared to similarly priced panels, it boils down to how it was designed and built. Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic's panels are designed from the ground up with parts and processors designed especially for those panels. The QC on those panels is very tight, and well controlled. That does not happen with Vizio sets. Vizio sets have panels sourced from Amtran, processors and internal parts from several other sources, and none of it designed to work together exclusively. This means panel to panel performance is uneven, and various performance parameters are not optimal as they are with a Sony, Samsung or Panasonic. One Vizio panel may have parts sourced from one supplier, and another within the same manufacturing run will have the parts from another. Vizio therefore can never accurately display the REC.709 specification for HDTV color accuracy because of this. Their black levels lean more to grey than actual black. The televisions backlight consistency is uneven over the face of the panel, they have the slowest panel response time among the second tier sets, and only better than a few third tier sets.

    Now if you are fully satisfied with your purchase, that is great, you should be. But trying to defend the set as being more than it is - is plain ridiculous. Eyes lie and fool, but measurements and testing do not. So whether you are buying what I am selling is pretty irrelevant, the truth is the truth no matter if you buy it or not.

    I was and am not offended, and I hope you are not either.


    Well Man...you know ima bow out of this one Terrence. But heres the bottom line with me and the TV. Not saying you are wrong about what you say, I even went by the store and looked at a few brands and could see some credibility in what you are saying, but for me....its not about the best performance from a tv. Just so long as it looks really good when I want it to. Its not like I spend most of my free time watching the tube, unless a game is on, or I feel like watching blue ray. When I got free time at home and want to go into my nothing box, you can find me away from the wife and kids, down in my two channel room spending time with my albums. But seeing your passion about the performance of digital video, and my passion about audio, I can see where you are coming from, and I saw it from the beginning of our conversation, but seeing I never enter-act with you much, I decided to carry the conversation on a bit with out crossing the line with you. So it was all in good fun and conversation Terrence....and I do think there is some credibility in what you say but video is not that deep to me as audio.

    TTYL

    frenchmon
  • 06-21-2011, 08:24 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Please do not repeat as it might not be true :)

    Although everything is outsourced, Vizio do design their own products......

    "As part of the business model, CEO Wang outsources several tasks to professional management companies. By hiring other companies to handle warehousing, shipping or manufacturing, VIZIO can focus on its core competencies — like designing flat-panel TVs — while leaving the other things to people who are specialized in that area. Although the company designs its products, the assembly is contracted to companies in China, Taiwan and Mexico."

    http://www.sbnonline.com/2008/05/the...rket/?paging=1

    Smoke,
    They can do the actual designs, but if the parts and processors were not designed to optimally work with that design, then the performance of the set is compromised. This is the case with Vizio televisions. This is why their sets usually finish in the middle to the bottom of the pack when compared with other sets.
  • 06-21-2011, 11:46 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Please do not repeat as it might not be true :)

    Although everything is outsourced, Vizio do design their own products......

    "As part of the business model, CEO Wang outsources several tasks to professional management companies. By hiring other companies to handle warehousing, shipping or manufacturing, VIZIO can focus on its core competencies — like designing flat-panel TVs — while leaving the other things to people who are specialized in that area. Although the company designs its products, the assembly is contracted to companies in China, Taiwan and Mexico."

    http://www.sbnonline.com/2008/05/the...rket/?paging=1

    And what are they "designing"? The case? The specs? Cobbling together a bunch of spec components?

    Amtran does most of the actual design work and manufacturing for the circuit boards. LG supplies most of the LCD panels. Foxconn and a bunch of others do the assembly. What's Vizio actually "designing" if all of the major components are outsourced?
  • 06-21-2011, 01:44 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    And what are they "designing"? The case? The specs? Cobbling together a bunch of spec components?

    Amtran does most of the actual design work and manufacturing for the circuit boards. LG supplies most of the LCD panels. Foxconn and a bunch of others do the assembly. What's Vizio actually "designing" if all of the major components are outsourced?

    Well, why dontcha call the engineering police and file a complaint.
    Somebody outsourcing...GEE! That never happened before!
    METHINKS YOU'RE JUST MAD because this is working so well,
    plays with your sense of fairplay or something.
    I SUGGEST YOU READ some books on capitalism and how
    companies handle resources, like how not wasting time on something that already exists is a good thing, saves
    the consumer money, and delivers a better product at a lower price.
    LIKE when they used the DVDO scaler, of course iffen it was you you would completely design a new one from the ground up,
    with maybe better specs by .000001 %.
    VIZIO doesn't care if you disapprove of outsourcing, I GUESS,
    and the thousands of other companies that follow the practice
    probably don't either.
    TELL ya what, ace, find a street corner, get a sign that says that every company has to build their stuff from scratch(which nobody
    does, everybody outsources) and walk around on your street-corner until the guys with the butterfly nets grab you and give you a ride to the institute, give you some happy pills or something.:1:
  • 06-21-2011, 02:54 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    Well, why dontcha call the engineering police and file a complaint.
    Somebody outsourcing...GEE! That never happened before!
    METHINKS YOU'RE JUST MAD because this is working so well,
    plays with your sense of fairplay or something.
    I SUGGEST YOU READ some books on capitalism and how
    companies handle resources, like how not wasting time on something that already exists is a good thing, saves
    the consumer money, and delivers a better product at a lower price.
    LIKE when they used the DVDO scaler, of course iffen it was you you would completely design a new one from the ground up,
    with maybe better specs by .000001 %.
    VIZIO doesn't care if you disapprove of outsourcing, I GUESS,
    and the thousands of other companies that follow the practice
    probably don't either.
    TELL ya what, ace, find a street corner, get a sign that says that every company has to build their stuff from scratch(which nobody
    does, everybody outsources) and walk around on your street-corner until the guys with the butterfly nets grab you and give you a ride to the institute, give you some happy pills or something.:1:

    Who's saying anything about whether I approve or disapprove? All I'm pointing out is that it occurs. You're the one that seems to be taking personally whenever somebody points out facts.

    Read my original post to Worf. All of your usual ranting at this point is either all for show, or your reading comprehension has taken a dip for the worse. :out:
  • 06-22-2011, 12:59 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    Who's saying anything about whether I approve or disapprove? All I'm pointing out is that it occurs. You're the one that seems to be taking personally whenever somebody points out facts.

    Read my original post to Worf. All of your usual ranting at this point is either all for show, or your reading comprehension has taken a dip for the worse. :out:

    You seem to fault VIZIO for what is industry wide practices, as usual showing either an ignorant or naive view of the world in general and
    the way companies operate in particular
    AND YOUR way of "pointing" out "facts"(facts to you anyway)
    makes one think you got your training as an intern at PRAVDA.
    makes me think of what SAMUEL Clemmens said about
    there being "lies, damn lies, and statistics".
    THINK he was thinking of your type.:1: .
  • 06-23-2011, 05:06 AM
    Worf101
    Thanks Wooch!
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    Well, back on topic here, the issue with Vizio is that they need to maintain a price advantage in order to sustain sales. If the prices are equal, Vizio would not be the first choice with most consumers. Since they rely totally on outsource manufacturers and don't do any of their own R&D, they maintain less control over the margins than first tier manufacturers that make their own sets and/or do their own R&D.

    With prices and margins falling through the floor, Vizio no longer has as big a price advantage as they did when HDTVs cost more than $2,000. That why they retooled their strategy a couple of years ago by moving more into the midlevel territory, where the margins and price points have not been squeezed as hard.

    Your experience has less to do with Vizio charging more than it does the price points dropping with the first tier manufacturers to a point where Vizio no longer has a price advantage with the entry level sets. Right now, entry level HDTVs barely cost more than the bill of goods for the parts.

    That's why Vizio has moved over to the midlevel HDTV and accessories markets, where margins are still high enough that they have some room to undercut the prices.

    Thanks for basically educating me on Vizio's recent strategy. I appreciate you staying "on point". I was actually hoping to buy a product from the OLD Vizio, large "decent" and cheap, but found their prices had risen exponentially. Still things will sort themselves out eventually.

    Worf
  • 06-23-2011, 06:30 AM
    recoveryone
    66 post later :)
  • 06-23-2011, 06:45 AM
    Worf101
    Spew!!!!
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by recoveryone View Post
    66 post later :)

    That was funny.... but true. Tried to give you green love recently but it won't let me!!!!!

    Worf
  • 06-23-2011, 07:32 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Worf101 View Post
    That was funny.... but true. Tried to give you green love recently but it won't let me!!!!!

    Worf

    I got a green shot off for you.:D
  • 06-23-2011, 08:00 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    I got a green shot off for you.:D

    I hope he can wipe it off.....:p
  • 06-23-2011, 08:15 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    I hope he can wipe it off.....:p

    Let me know how you make out with yours. :cornut:
  • 06-23-2011, 09:19 AM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    You seem to fault VIZIO for what is industry wide practices, as usual showing either an ignorant or naive view of the world in general and
    the way companies operate in particular
    AND YOUR way of "pointing" out "facts"(facts to you anyway)
    makes one think you got your training as an intern at PRAVDA.
    makes me think of what SAMUEL Clemmens said about
    there being "lies, damn lies, and statistics".
    THINK he was thinking of your type.:1: .

    He's not blaming them for an industry wide practice, he's blaming them for not doing it well.
  • 06-23-2011, 01:54 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by bobsticks View Post
    He's not blaming them for an industry wide practice, he's blaming them for not doing it well.

    BY "not doing it well" which do you mean?
    THE NUMBER ONE SPOT in sales?
    The rave reviews from the customers?
    THE EXCELLENT service record?
    WHAT? My first Vizio is six years old, looks as good as when I TOOK IT HOME, wish everything I bought worked as well.
    EVER think that that's why they sell so many? Or do you
    think people are in the habit of buying bad tv's?:1:
  • 06-23-2011, 02:46 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GMichael View Post
    Let me know how you make out with yours. :cornut:

    Can you pass me a towel? :thumbsup:
  • 06-23-2011, 03:53 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    BY "not doing it well" which do you mean?
    THE NUMBER ONE SPOT in sales?
    The rave reviews from the customers?
    THE EXCELLENT service record?
    WHAT? My first Vizio is six years old, looks as good as when I TOOK IT HOME, wish everything I bought worked as well.
    EVER think that that's why they sell so many? Or do you
    think people are in the habit of buying bad tv's?:1:

    By "not doing it well" I mean not getting the best results possible or even results that are comprehensibly equal to what others have accomplished by using the same methods.

    That's what I mean by "not doing it well".

    That, and the fact that now they're not doing it well at a not-so-competitive price.

    Your evidence is anecdotal and that's fine. But because the practice involves multiple suppliers with inconsistent quality control (a la Apex DVD Players) the utlility you have received from the product may not likely translate in the experiences of others.