Forum Regular

Compenent video/audio question on my receiver

Hey, my receiver has component video input and i want to plug somthing into it, but there is no deignated play for audio... where would i put this? If i pluged something into component video in, and then its audio cables into an open audio in would i still get audio/video? thx

Quote Originally Posted by Z3r0
    Hey, my receiver has component video input and i want to plug somthing into it, but there is no deignated play for audio... where would i put this? If i pluged something into component video in, and then its audio cables into an open audio in would i still get audio/video? thx
    I have seen some receivers use internal or onscreen menus to associate the video with the audio. I take it on the back of the receiver, it is not already somehow associated or is associated somehow in the manual. That is probably the best place to look. Of course, the easiest thing to do is to make an assumption, hook it up, and try it out and see what happens.
    "I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em." -Jimmy V

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3r0
    the audio signal is usually associated with a optical or digital coax connection; some receivers will lable it some have to be assigned via the menu. check your manual

Thread Information