Suspended

Dishnetwork 622 Installation Problems

Has anyone experienced the same problem I am with Dishnetwork with their HD 622 DVR? I ordered my receiver on February 9th and was told then the earliest it could be installed was March 21st. It was a long time, but it's the first HD receiver I saw with good DVR functionality.

My credit card was billed on Feb 9, but I didn't get the receiver until March 19th. I got a call from the installation contractor on the 20th verifying the appointment. During the call I was told they may not perform the installation because there's a shortage of SW44 switches needed for the three LNBs the dish requires. When I pressed for a reason why mine hadn't been ordered on Feb 9 for the Mar 21st install I was told there was a "national shortage" on the switch and my rescheduled April 25 installation date may not happen either.

Now Dishnetwork has had my money for over 9 weeks and I have no definite installation date. I've looked on other satellite websites and on ebay, but don't see any mention of the shortage. Actually, ebay has several switches available for auction. I wouldn't mind purchasing the switch myself to speed up the installation, but they reange frm $69-$189 and I doubt Dishnetwork would reimburse the cost. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Forum Regular
    I have a 622 up and running, but had issues getting it also. I recommend the forum below, it has a large support group and answers for VIP 622 users.

http://www.dbstalk.com/
    They have a forum dedicated to each model, including the VIP 622.

Terraform

Quote Originally Posted by bfalls
    Has anyone experienced the same problem I am with Dishnetwork with their HD 622 DVR? I ordered my receiver on February 9th and was told then the earliest it could be installed was March 21st. It was a long time, but it's the first HD receiver I saw with good DVR functionality.

My credit card was billed on Feb 9, but I didn't get the receiver until March 19th. I got a call from the installation contractor on the 20th verifying the appointment. During the call I was told they may not perform the installation because there's a shortage of SW44 switches needed for the three LNBs the dish requires. When I pressed for a reason why mine hadn't been ordered on Feb 9 for the Mar 21st install I was told there was a "national shortage" on the switch and my rescheduled April 25 installation date may not happen either.

Now Dishnetwork has had my money for over 9 weeks and I have no definite installation date. I've looked on other satellite websites and on ebay, but don't see any mention of the shortage. Actually, ebay has several switches available for auction. I wouldn't mind purchasing the switch myself to speed up the installation, but they reange frm $69-$189 and I doubt Dishnetwork would reimburse the cost. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Suspended
    After the contractor postponed my March 21st setup they rescheduled me for April 25. Three times during the week prior I called Dishnetwork to verify the contractor had the switch and wouldn't postpone me again. I didn't want to take the time off work for the installation only to have them cancel. Three different times DishNetwork told me the contractor had the switch and would do the install, but they couldn't give me the contractor's number to verify myself. I stayed home from work for the 12 - 5 pm installation. At 10:30am the contractor called and cancelled the install because the switch wasn't available. I'm now rescheduled yet again for May 5th. I still haven't seen any evidence on-line of the switch shortage and there seems to be plenty available on ebay. Any other bad DishNetwork experiences out there?

Suspended
    Postponed yet again! I received a call last evening to confirm my May 5th 12-5 installation. I called this morning to confirm the installaton and to move it to morning. Moving was no problem, but when I asked them to verify if they had the switch they didn't. I would have really been pissed if I'd stayed home again for the installation and they called to cancel. From the lack of responses, I'm guesing noone else has any issues. Anyone have access to mid or upper level management with Dishnetwork? It's time to escalate the problem.

Thread Information