AR Newbie Registered Member

Question 2 Tuner PIP question...

I bought a 2 Tuner PIP TV on the premise that I would be able to flip channels back and forth between programs while one was on a commercial break. The only problem is that both the main and PIP window change channels simultaneously. I've had the TV for a number of years and I've asked plenty of people what to do about it without having to hook up the VCR into the Video1 slot and use it to change channels indepentently.

I KNOW it works with just a single cable connection and a 2 Tuner PIP. Someone I used to work with did it at his house when I went over there for dinner one time... I asked him how it was done and he said that he bought a 2 tuner pip TV. This was 2 years before I bought one myself and I left that company by then, so I couldn't troubleshoot it with him.

This is something that has bugged me for a while. Anyone know the magic trick?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sew3663
    I bought a 2 Tuner PIP TV on the premise that I would be able to flip channels back and forth between programs while one was on a commercial break. The only problem is that both the main and PIP window change channels simultaneously. I've had the TV for a number of years and I've asked plenty of people what to do about it without having to hook up the VCR into the Video1 slot and use it to change channels indepentently.

I KNOW it works with just a single cable connection and a 2 Tuner PIP. Someone I used to work with did it at his house when I went over there for dinner one time... I asked him how it was done and he said that he bought a 2 tuner pip TV. This was 2 years before I bought one myself and I left that company by then, so I couldn't troubleshoot it with him.

This is something that has bugged me for a while. Anyone know the magic trick?
    what brand and model?

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    Do you have a cable or satellite receiver?

AR Newbie Registered Member

Sorry it took so long to reply...

I have a direct cable connection (no cable box).

It is a Toshiba from about 1999. I don't have the model number off hand, but it has the 2 tuner PIP, stereo (simulated surround) and all the bells and whistles from that time (which isn't much else).

There are two A/V inputs (video1 and video2), not including the coax cable input.

Thread Information