IRG

2 channel receiver with video switching?

Is there such a beast? I haven't shopped for receivers in quite a while. I have a NAD T743 that I like ok, but I almost don't need it. I only have the 3 front speakers hooked up. No room in my small living area for rear speakers. So, is there a decent priced receiver that is 2 channel, but does video switching? I do like this feature, and I don't think I want to give that up, unless there is a decent receiver that can change the inputs of a TV without using numerous remotes. Any suggestions? I just checked out Outlaw, and while that receiver looks great, I don't think it does video switching. Any recommendations are welcome. IRG

Denon, Harmon Kardon, and Rotel offer a stereo receiver with video switching. I believe, however, that the video sections are confined to composite in every case. My money's on the Rotel for sound quality. The prevailing notion seems to be the high-quality video capacity wouldn't be cost-effective for such units.

IRG
    Thanks, I guess I should have specified that I would want at a minimum s video switching or component. Pretty soon it will have to be HDMI switching. In any event, thanks, I think this confirmed what i had thought too, and it is probably a product that not very many people would purchase. I guess I will stick with what I have for now. IRG

Thread Information